Career Officer
Okay. So I'm behind some of you but I hit T5 the other day... and then a funny thing happened.

I realized few of the T5 projects outside the Omega/MACO/Honor Guard sets interested me. They seem heavy on consumables. I have a hard time getting worked up about those and while the new weapons look nice, I'm happy with the weapons I have.

Going forward, I'd like repeatable T5 projects for:

- Themed Duty Officer Packs
- Duty Officer Assignment Consumables ala the Temporal Beacon (My main is maxed out but high CXP assignments would make me look at rep on alts)
- Ship Interiors (This is an area where I think this could be partly justified using existing assets and maps.)
- Costumes (There are few ways to totally scream "Hey! I hit T5!" on the Romulan side that aren't consumables)
- Titles (This is one area where I can see multiples)
- Bridge Officers (Maybe Tac and Eng variants of the KA BOff on Omega, Ground variants of the Romulan Diplo BOffs Rom side, which would be appropriate for, well... New Romulus. Maybe also more Reman BO variants.)

Also one thing I'd like to see attached to reps is a kind of ship upgrade project.

For example:

- Maybe have the ability to add one additional hangar bay to ANY ship as a Romulan project (Making the Scorpions more useful.)

- Extra rear turret slots as a project for Omega Rep. Only Turrets can go in. Adds OOMPH to the idea of using a cutting beam.

- Maybe Deferi rep down the line could add one universal console slot.

These may be powerful but they're accessible to everyone in theory so they raise everyone's power proportionately. (This does raise the question of how the primary PvP player competes but my solution there with a PvP rep would be for PvP to award, say, 150 marks to the winner, 50 to the loser, and the marks be something that can be traded 1 to 1 for Fleet/Romulan/Omega marks at a PvP vendor. Maybe also have "Fleet Action" style PvP that is every man for himself with prizes that go 500, 250, 125, 50, and 25 for each additional person in order of who was the last one standing.)
Captain
# 2
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM
While I'm more open to upgrading my ship rather than outright buying T6 ships, I'm curious to see how that would turn out without breaking everything.

And I want less Deferi, not more.

But everything else would be more than welcome. I'm very disappointed that costumes and bridge officers are tied to fleets, rather than the reputation system.

Things that already exist, like the Liberated Borg Doffs could be part of the Omega Reputation with additional ones. Expanding the Duty Officer roster beyond 400 could also be a useful project considering embassies give you extra project slots.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 3
01-05-2013, 02:23 PM
More items for Omega Reputation. Borg Duty Officers Store Unlocks, permanent pet Borg Drone and Romulan/Reman Entourage, and a Borg Ground set. The Borg Ground set would be great against other enemy groups, but have some problems fighting against the Borg like faster adaption. It would also make the liberated borg look more like borg instead of just having the face look borgish.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-05-2013, 04:19 PM
No Deferi, I dont mind new reputation tree's (hated them at first but like the new daleks.. they someone got onto the "meh" list.

As for a new reputation... give us one for PvP and a new race .. (not the deferi!.. maybe the Undine?)

my pick of a reputation would be something based on the Mirror Universe... and a espionage & Development grind for the fleets.

Trait wise it would be like pickign what side you favour... fed sided would get you more defensive stats.. where as picking a mirror trait would raise your offensive skills.

Then for the epic rewards that makes you want to grind.

Espionage, Fleet Mirror Battleship (Typhoon Class or Oddessey Class) KDF (Keldon (Cardassian-Klingon Alliance)

Development, stuff

Mirror Rep, Terran/Alliance Ground/Space Set

Weapon: Thing that makes big boom when fired.

Last edited by thay8472; 01-05-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
While I'm more open to upgrading my ship rather than outright buying T6 ships, I'm curious to see how that would turn out without breaking everything.

And I want less Deferi, not more.

But everything else would be more than welcome. I'm very disappointed that costumes and bridge officers are tied to fleets, rather than the reputation system.

Things that already exist, like the Liberated Borg Doffs could be part of the Omega Reputation with additional ones. Expanding the Duty Officer roster beyond 400 could also be a useful project considering embassies give you extra project slots.
Well, my basic idea is that you have some special elements added to all T5 ships.

For example, a hangar bay. A universal console slot. An extra weapon slot.

But these gear slots remain locked (and possibly hidden from the UI) until you run a T5 project to unlock them.

In turn, for people who ONLY PvP... PvP would award PvP marks.

And PvP marks could be exchanged for pretty much anything required for any rep system. PvP marks would trade for Romulan/Omega/Fleet marks at 1:1 and also any commodities or consumables used by rep systems in bundles. (For example, I dunno without running the numbers on opportunity costs but: 10 Entertainment Provisions per 5 PvP marks.)

Perhaps Foundry authors could flag their missions to receive marks of a specific type (Omega/Romulan) at 10 or so per run, only available if the mission qualifies for the wrapper (and in addition to 50 from the wrapper).

You still have to do the rep. You can do the rep your way. The concession to PvPers is that since the rep is essential to being competitive, PvP provides a full means for any rep. My overall feeling is that PvP should be a touch slower than doing themed missions for mark acquisition, assuming a 50/50 win-loss ratio. It's faster if your wins are higher than 50/50 and slower if your wins are less than 50/50. And have some Battle Royale/Last Man Standing matches that are VERY fast progression if you're one of the last five standing out of 20.
Career Officer
# 6
01-06-2013, 12:38 PM
And I think the rep system is the ideal way to release some of the "missing" variants of the special BOs we have.

Which would include:

Tac, Sci, Eng Reman BO Space
Tac, Eng Reman BO Ground
Tac, Sci, Eng Romulan Male Ground (Thalaron mine ability in place of the cloaking trait on Embassy BOs?)
Tac, Sci, Eng Romulan Female Ground (Thalaron mine ability)

Tac, Sci, Eng Male KA-style Borg Space (with Efficient and the Amazon traits)
Tac, Eng Male KA-style Borg Ground (Same traits as KA Sci Borg)
Tac, Sci Female Amazon-style Borg Space (with Efficient)
Tac, Eng, Sci Amazon-style Borg Ground (Same traits as KA Borg)
Captain
# 7
01-06-2013, 01:08 PM
No laser sight on the tron helmet, entourage a consumable, removing the flamethrower, prices of weapons and so on and so forth.

All in all I am down to 2-3 items, total, across ALL characters - and I am not t5 until tomorrow.

I'd say fix the current mistakes before adding new stuff, we don't need a handful or new items that people won't be getting either

Romulan security beam down I could so easily love it but as a consumable not even once.

But so yeah reputation system almost over.
Captain
# 8
01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
And I think the rep system is the ideal way to release some of the "missing" variants of the special BOs we have.

Which would include:

Tac, Sci, Eng Reman BO Space
Tac, Eng Reman BO Ground
Tac, Sci, Eng Romulan Male Ground (Thalaron mine ability in place of the cloaking trait on Embassy BOs?)
Tac, Sci, Eng Romulan Female Ground (Thalaron mine ability)
I'd be keen on this, especially if they had access to Starfleet and KDF uniforms as well as their default Romulan garb.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 9
01-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I'd be keen on this, especially if they had access to Starfleet and KDF uniforms as well as their default Romulan garb.
My big thing is:

Space-focused Romulan BOs makes sense for Fleets. Fleet progression is tilted in favor of space progrssion.

But someone who spends a lot of time on New Romulus, I think should have a ground-focused Romulan BO to show for it.

(And I'd like Starfleet uniforms on most of the special BOs, excluding ones where body types prohibit it -- or at least combadge selection for a Neelix/Garak/Seven of Nine type effect.)