Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 11
02-05-2013, 05:52 AM
I have done all that and re-installed the game twice....
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I've been without any kind of chat since at least November, normally I have my chat window minimized so I didn't notice when it started. I get nothing in Local or Zone chat, I can sit for hours at ESD/DS9 etc and only have the yellow system messages in the chat, I'm not in any fleets and my friends don't play any more so I have no chat going on. The only time I do get any chat is on the odd occasion when I'm AFK and someone fleet invites me, if I'm away long enough I can have quite a list before I decline the invite.

So that makes me think it's a bug with the channels we're subscribed to, so does anyone know how to unsubscribe from Zone chat, that might be all that it needs to reset it.
Ensign
# 13
07-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejaymac View Post
I've been without any kind of chat since at least November, normally I have my chat window minimized so I didn't notice when it started. I get nothing in Local or Zone chat, I can sit for hours at ESD/DS9 etc and only have the yellow system messages in the chat, I'm not in any fleets and my friends don't play any more so I have no chat going on. The only time I do get any chat is on the odd occasion when I'm AFK and someone fleet invites me, if I'm away long enough I can have quite a list before I decline the invite.

So that makes me think it's a bug with the channels we're subscribed to, so does anyone know how to unsubscribe from Zone chat, that might be all that it needs to reset it.
Well for me the command "/Whitelist_chat 0" worked
Lieutenant
# 14
07-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I would like to know if anyone found a solution to this bug? as OP said it's getting annoying....

Each time i login or swap maps i get Joined channel Zone, Joined Channel Fleet, Left channel Fleet.... can't see anything typed in Fleet or select Fleet from the chat drop down box... and i tried the /Fleet command which didn't work... because apparently i am not in a fleet... i do have a SB, mine and embassy and a whole fleet roster....

[Failed] Not in a fleet.
Rihannsu
# 15
07-10-2013, 10:58 PM
I've had this problem too. While seeing Risa's local/zone chat as a desolate wasteland is nice, I worry that I'm missing out on fleet messages.

Curiously, in DOFFJOBS I can consistently [at least as far as I can tell] see one person in particular's messages, someone not in my fleet or friend list. Just a random person.
Ensign
# 16
07-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm suffering from this bug as well. Completely silent local/zone chat, and only seeing one half of a conversation in custom chat channels.

EDIT: Tried "/Whitelist_chat 0", seems to have reenabled local/zone chat. Thing is, I never toggled that setting before to begin with. No clue if custom chat is working 100% yet though.

Last edited by cyberfoxx01; 07-20-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Ensign
# 17 Confirmed fix
05-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrudernl View Post
Well for me the command "/Whitelist_chat 0" worked
My friend had this problem, and it is confirmed that this fix works.