Career Officer
Maybe it's a stretch to call this a bug, but it's a definite shortcoming with the current Foundry, and it should be fixed. NPC and object default texts generate a dialogue tree, but those dialogues are not displayed in the selection for the "Dialogue Prompt Reached" trigger.

I'm fairly certain that if the UI was changed so that the default text dialogues were included in the selection box for "Dialogue Prompt Reached" that they would function properly. Having this functionality would be a major improvement.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 2
01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Maybe it's a stretch to call this a bug, but it's a definite shortcoming with the current Foundry, and it should be fixed. NPC and object default texts generate a dialogue tree, but those dialogues are not displayed in the selection for the "Dialogue Prompt Reached" trigger.

I'm fairly certain that if the UI was changed so that the default text dialogues were included in the selection box for "Dialogue Prompt Reached" that they would function properly. Having this functionality would be a major improvement.
Agreed. This would add a lot of functionality.
Lieutenant
# 3
01-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Dialogue prompt reached trigger seems to be bugged in itself right now, was looking for some discussion on that.

But this idea is good.
Rihannsu
# 4
01-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Yeah, IIRC it only works for story dialogue now.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 5
01-07-2013, 04:56 AM
This would be an improvement for sure. It would help with Optional Side Stories, and allow for a richer experience both creating the missions and playing them.

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-07-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Rihannsu
# 6
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
This would be an improvement for sure. It would help with Optional Side Stories, and allow for a richer experience both creating the missions and playing them.
Yeah, really.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.