Career Officer
with 3 purple projectile duty officers? im using omega torps they are good but i do miss the speed of quantum torps im working on romulan rep torps too although with my 5 forward fleet plasma cannons on my reman falchion the damage i dish out with my 20 turn rate on it wowie but i know i can fire a steam of plasma torps with 3 purple doffs
Captain
# 2
09-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Projectile doffs don't help the omega torp.

They do help the rom, it is much easier to stream plasma torps because of the rom...

With quantum you need 3 fore and some luck for a steady stream
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 3
09-08-2013, 08:32 AM
First off, the "stream of torps" effect can only come from the Rommie Hyper Plasma launcher - because it's the only one that fires 3x torps per triggering...

Now, as far as firing a quantum a second (global cooldown rate) with the help of projectile DOffs, that's entirely possible but usually requires 3/4 launchers to do that (torp boat)...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 4
09-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
First off, the "stream of torps" effect can only come from the Rommie Hyper Plasma launcher - because it's the only one that fires 3x torps per triggering...
In 3 words "torpedo: High yield"

Use this ability on your last quantum to reset the others
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree