Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
# 1 New Romulus and why...
11-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Just a quickie.

Amongst the many other confusing plot holes I run into with KDF 'story' line im confused as to why they have a presence on New Romulas.

Im not half the Trek geek as many people here but I know at the very least that the Klingons wouldn't go helping the Romulans... Ever...

If there is an actual story explaining why then it should be broadcast to the playerbase not just 'oh hey we have a new area... go play!'.

Anyway if someone can explain why that would be great.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 591
# 2
11-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadsdwad View Post
Just a quickie.

Amongst the many other confusing plot holes I run into with KDF 'story' line im confused as to why they have a presence on New Romulas.

Im not half the Trek geek as many people here but I know at the very least that the Klingons wouldn't go helping the Romulans... Ever...

If there is an actual story explaining why then it should be broadcast to the playerbase not just 'oh hey we have a new area... go play!'.

Anyway if someone can explain why that would be great.
There is a Dev Blog here in which this was explained quite nicely.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,510
# 3
11-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Obisek is a major player in this, too, and if New Romulus sides against the Klingon Empire, so will he. The Empire can't militarily afford to have a major tract of territory on their border ally with the Federation, or to squander the efforts they've made to ensure that Obisek didn't join the Federation outright.

This isn't the Romulan Star Empire. It's a different political entity. For an empire that has already shown more than once they won't let bad blood stand in the way of an alliance with Romulus proper, to allow race to do so with an independent faction is beyond childish.

Last edited by hevach; 11-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
# 4
11-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Obisek is a major player in this, too, and if New Romulus sides against the Klingon Empire, so will he. The Empire can't militarily afford to have a major tract of territory on their border ally with the Federation, or to squander the efforts they've made to ensure that Obisek didn't join the Federation outright.

This isn't the Romulan Star Empire. It's a different political entity. For an empire that has already shown more than once they won't let bad blood stand in the way of an alliance with Romulus proper, to allow race to do so with an independent faction is beyond childish.
But surely the Klingons would distrust them anyway.

I personally don't trust the Romulans. What is to say the Tal shiar aren't involved with new romulus? It would make sense to lure the other factions in to help them rebuild, once they gain their strength again they strike.

It seems all a bit too convenient for the Romulans to now be open to peace treaties and friendship after centuries of espionage, sabotage and outright asshattery.

Best thing KDF can do is bio-warhead the crap out of them!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,240
# 5
01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I was sceptical at first too.

The blog post does give an excellent background as to why the Klingons first help out. The mission as you progress through T5 rom reputation tells a much broader story. Ultimately the access to otherwise unavailable Romulan and Reman technology is the reason to do these missions.

If not for the ability to wreck havoc and get bigger guns - why do anything?

Since getting the OMEGA and Romulan Hyper torpedoes, my Siege Garumba base DPS has jumped by over 3k.

Admiral Thrax
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
# 6
01-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
I was sceptical at first too.

The blog post does give an excellent background as to why the Klingons first help out. The mission as you progress through T5 rom reputation tells a much broader story. Ultimately the access to otherwise unavailable Romulan and Reman technology is the reason to do these missions.

If not for the ability to wreck havoc and get bigger guns - why do anything?

Since getting the OMEGA and Romulan Hyper torpedoes, my Siege Garumba base DPS has jumped by over 3k.

Admiral Thrax
Would not be just the tech, Klingons may not look like it but they deal in politics too, and being able to sway the remaining Romulans and Remans to their side later on might prove useful.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,221
# 7
01-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadsdwad View Post
But surely the Klingons would distrust them anyway.

I personally don't trust the Romulans. What is to say the Tal shiar aren't involved with new romulus? It would make sense to lure the other factions in to help them rebuild, once they gain their strength again they strike.

It seems all a bit too convenient for the Romulans to now be open to peace treaties and friendship after centuries of espionage, sabotage and outright asshattery.

Best thing KDF can do is bio-warhead the crap out of them!
If you eavesdrop on some of the Klingons on New Romulus, it sounds like at least half of them plan to do just that.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 104
# 8
01-11-2013, 04:41 AM
in my opinion the whole seson 7 is wrong, i just hope season 8 to come out soon couse all this things of new romulus and the reputation thing is totally unfair for those who were making a good "progress" in the past season, and quite stupid the klingons visiting romulan lands and helping them fight in their own territory....pathetic. and me being a klingon, i'll never use a reman set or a romulan weapon not in 100 years...another criticism to this season: the reputation thing is not helping the fleet grow as they should, all ppl trying to get those romulan sets for 15 000 dil!!!!, obviously instead of donating the fleets or getting stuff from there. sorry if i maybe changed the subject of what was correctly exposed above.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 237
# 9
01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
I think Cryptic made a huge error allowing the Romulans on Narendra III.
The Klingon's tried Archer there.
The Romulans destroyed the Enterpise C there.
It was the original reason they started the Khitomer Accords.
And now we are suposed to look the other way while the Romulan's move in and take it without a fight? Seriously?

This is just quantifing failure in Cryptic's storyline.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 936
# 10
01-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
There is a Dev Blog here in which this was explained quite nicely.
after nosing through it myself this paragraph really grabs me as unklingon :/

"By supporting the new Romulan colony, we conquer one of our greatest foes without a single blow. We gain their friendship, and later perhaps their loyalty. We solidify our relationship with the Remans. And we still retain the chance for combat and glory ? the Romulans are not in a position to fight their own battles. They will need our ships to defend them from the Tal Shiar and the Tholians."

Get rid of a foe without fighting it? we are KLINGONS not the federation.

Friendship? ick.

As for fight THIER battles for them, that sounds like a bodyguard or a fighting mad hirogen.. klingons are more about 'you will give us what we want or we'll fight, not for you, but against you'

I dunno, just my interpretation on the Klingons, and if memory serves the 'trailer' to the game states the current klingon leader is pulling a gowron and trying to expand the empire, not coddle romulans blithering on about the events of praxis seen in 'an undiscovered country' >.<

Frankly the klingon writier of this document should be executed as an undine inflitator >_<
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn

Last edited by elandarksky; 01-11-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 PM.