Lieutenant
# 1 Season 7, again
01-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I found some other frustrations with season 7. I finally finished the Omega reputation! I was thinking that I could finally complete my MK XII weaponry. Surprise, the anti-borg space weapon don't exist anymore. I read a few post mentioning to use fleet weapon instead, but we are a small fleet and don't have enough to equip all characters of every players. And with the reputation project, many people don't contribute to the base, or barely, so it don't help.

To add to it, the kit that were previously free when you got the right item, now cost 1000 Omega mark and 34000 dilitiums. I don't have too much problem with 1000 marks, since you needed to do a lot of STF before to get it. But 34000 dilitiums!!!!!

To add to it again, they create a new Adapted MACO kit. Could you have found a more confusing name???? OK, it's partly my fault, I didn't check correctly and bought the Adapted MACO engine, not with one, but 2 of my characters. So now what, I have to start anew.

Since season 7, I was playing without much fun nor conviction. Especially having to start from 0 for the Omega reputation was really a pain. But now, I will continue to play just because I have put too much money and time in that game to quit. I regret my lifetime subscription that I took less than a year ago. I will probably never trust any other game enough to take one again.

There is only 2 good things in season 7, the little buff that you get with the reputation projects and New Romulus. And for the latest, it's assuming you have time to spend and don't care that the reward/time ratio is not very good.

My only hope now, is that season 8 will be much better. A lot of people don't play a lot. or not at all, since season 7. If season 8 continue in the same way, their will not be a season 10, the game will die.
Career Officer
# 2
01-06-2013, 05:17 PM
This is END GAME GEAR. There is a myriad of cheaper options that you can obtain faster (re:dilithium). Play the game - get the ~now guaranteed~ reward.

Sometimes I think a whole generation grew up taking 'Push button receive bacon' too literally.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 3
01-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Whee another "this game costs too much and requires too much commitment of resources and time" thread.

Why am I not surprised.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Commander
# 4
01-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Whee another "this game costs too much and requires too much commitment of resources and time" thread.

Why am I not surprised.
Because, most likely, of this statement:

Quote:
Sometimes I think a whole generation grew up taking 'Push button receive bacon' too literally.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Captain
# 5
01-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Because, most likely, of this statement:
Don't you just love instant gratification players who basically follow this statement:

"I want it all. I want it all. I want it all... and I want it now!!"

Those guys who wrote this would ashamed of all you scrubs who are lazy bums and don't want to put in the effort to do things.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 6
01-06-2013, 08:59 PM
I kind of wish the original time gates would have stayed. I have finished the Entire Rep system. Bought every Set and Wep and Item and Console and now find I have nothing to do. Except now I guess I can Grind Fleet marks for my Fleet. Or work on getting all Commendation ranks to 4. And sit back and wait till season 8. It all happened too fast. And it was too easy.
Lieutenant
# 7
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
I kind of wish the original time gates would have stayed. I have finished the Entire Rep system. Bought every Set and Wep and Item and Console and now find I have nothing to do. Except now I guess I can Grind Fleet marks for my Fleet. Or work on getting all Commendation ranks to 4. And sit back and wait till season 8. It all happened too fast. And it was too easy.
Happy, or unhappy for you if you have time to play that much, but I don't. I barely manage to finish the Omega rep with 2 of my 3 level 50 Federation characters. I haven't finish the Romulan rep yet with any. I haven't played my Klingons characters in month, because my fleet is small and we couldn't keep up the pace. We completed only tier 2 of each parts. So, I still have lot more to do.
Rihannsu
# 8
01-07-2013, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
create an alt, that is what we (the veteran players) are doing for years
Captain
# 9
01-07-2013, 07:41 AM
PLAY STUFF THAT YOU FIND FUN.

Is this such an alien concept?

If you like the story content, do that. If you like fighting other players, do that. If you like doing patrols, do that. If you like advancing toward set goals through marks/whatever, do that. If you like to experiment with player stories while still getting rewards, do that.

If you aren't having fun, don't be a victim of sunk cost fallacy. At the very least, go take a break. Maybe you'll feel different in a month/year/decade.
Republic Veteran
# 10
01-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Agreed with other posters. The reputation gear is End-game material, and is suitably priced and hard to get. If you're not prepared to put in the dedication for the grind to get this stuff, then don't expect to get it at all. If you are a casual player, you probably wont even need this stuff, and can make do with blue mk xi gear from the exchange.