Captain
# 21
01-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Doesn't this ship hae weak hull comared to the Raptors even the fleet version?

nice vid btw.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
# 22
01-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post

nice vid btw.
Mine is a Rock Solid 21.5 K!!

Take THAT Raptor Captains!

And ty.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 23
01-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Mine is a Rock Solid 21.5 K!!

Take THAT Raptor Captains!

And ty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post

nice vid btw.
Like flying a fiber glass dinghy through a tornado while wearing nothing more than a maple leaf and a psychopathic grin.
Career Officer
# 24
01-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
Like flying a fiber glass dinghy through a tornado while wearing nothing more than a maple leaf and a psychopathic grin.
THAT'S the spirit!!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 25
01-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
Watch what you say about the Maple Leaf as I ma from that country that has its on it flag or the country William Shatner or as my avatar Nicole deBoar is from.

Don't forget the Sommow fleet Raptor.I thought it said 16.5 for the fleet Norgh sort of like the one you get as Cdr.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 01-15-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Captain
# 26
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
As kind of a personal rebellion at my irritation with the rep grind I've been flying a completely un-kitted toon and making alpha strikes work. I freaking love it.

I know you've probably tried most of the combinations out there, what are your thoughts on:

1. CPB as another opener since you're so close most of the time anyway.

2. PSW as a final kick in the pants.

3. 3 piece Omega ability with the -kinetic res and -defense. Worth giving up hot restart and torp damage on KHG?

4. Are you using the shield drain TB doff, even though it would only tick once or twice?

5. What are you going for with doffs in general? Evasive doffs?

As always thanks for the vids and inspiration.
Career Officer
# 27
01-18-2013, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMArobiYv0Y

Again this is just how I do it. It isn't a sci build, it isn't the only build. It's a build focused on doing the most amount of damage in the briefest amount of time and living to tell the tale. And that's it. No dogfighting, none of that bit. That's what raptors are for. This ship has 21.7k hull or so and its never getting any better. My heavy I could buff up to 43k hull. See a difference there? Good you do! No dog fighting, no hanging around.

Uncloak, kill/dont kill, evade, cloak.

Lol, enough of me being a noob! Hope choo all like the vid and here's the answers to what u asked. Cheers!

1. Since the name of the game is really bringing defense down to zero, that leaves you with TB or EWP. I really can't think of anything else that does it so quickly. And as EWP is behind you....that leaves TB. So specifically for what I'm trying to do, just TB.

2. That could be useful. Or a scramble, or some other brief stun or confuse to help you get away if you're in a bit of a tight spot. As a final killing blow with THIS type of build, I don't know really. You'd need to drop TB3 and to get those crits you'd need a TB somewhere. So that drops you down to one sci buff. So could it get a kill in that situation where they're hanging by a thread? Sure. And I know that losing one sci buff seems trivial, but PH and HE combine to remove you from dots or tb's that could prevent you from cloaking. And its all about the cloaking.

3. KHG for all those reasons plus the 3 pc bonus. Really these hits are soooooo fast and close. 1.5k out decloaking and closing range. That's tight. How much can you really fit in there. GA actually has a flight time. So it could be tricky to actually apply it.

4. I had a TB doff so I did try it for a bit. And straight up, sometimes I used the TB only. I'd pop out and just pin someone for others to shoot when MY alpha as down. It works

5. The doffs are in the vid. I use impulse cap as my second evasion. I have evasion doffs, but they aren't making themselves useful inside that twenty second window. So I have a mix of doffs I use to enhance my get away abilities.

Last edited by thissler; 01-19-2013 at 08:23 PM.