Commander
# 1 Season 7 - Video Problems
11-13-2012, 12:05 PM
I figured that I'd start a thread about this as there seems to be several people having video issues when playing season 7.

I was in the Archer system and my Windows 8 system kept freezing and flashing to the Start screen. Also kept getting the following error:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

This happens several times and then my system completely crashed.

Note: I have the graphics set as low as they go.
Rihannsu
# 2
11-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I am running windows 7 and i have the same problem. It happens to me in SFT's. The game would flicker to the desktop or loading screen. Then a blue screen that says my graphics has crashed and the system must shut down.
Commander
# 3
11-13-2012, 01:28 PM
I had the same problem in a Red Alert and another system... Crashed my computer again.
Commander
# 4
11-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Geez... I'm just sitting in sector space and my system crashed.
Ensign
# 5
11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I get the same pop-up notice about my display having a problem and recovering since loading the game the first time in S7 while just sitting in sector space. Unfortunately I'm just running an Intel 3000 gpu, if you can call it that. I hope the minimum requirements for the game haven't changed or I won't be playing anymore. Looking forward with hope to another patch to resolve this issue, as it crashed my Windows 7 once and the game the other time.
Ensign
# 6
11-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiusforest View Post
I get the same pop-up notice about my display having a problem and recovering since loading the game the first time in S7 while just sitting in sector space. Unfortunately I'm just running an Intel 3000 gpu, if you can call it that. I hope the minimum requirements for the game haven't changed or I won't be playing anymore. Looking forward with hope to another patch to resolve this issue, as it crashed my Windows 7 once and the game the other time.

new back to Sto but had a update on my GF drivers ATi Radeon a few weeks back that made many games crash on me , my driver shutting down, i roll back my drivers and that did fix the problem for now !! not try Sto yet as still Downloading it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
This Bug was noticed on Tribble. There is a thread in the tribble bugs section about it. Basically anyone with integrated Intel HD graphics and possible some other types of cards is SOL. Changing the Graphics to "Low" will help on most things. But any of the new content is not playable. Sucks for us that have this issue.
Ensign
# 8
11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
any chance you could post a link to a thread in the tribble area on this? I'm having a hard time finding one.
Ensign
Ensign
# 10
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab1t0r View Post
Thank you.
Closed Thread