Lieutenant
# 21
01-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyprimrose View Post
Not that I support this idea, but tie the tax to store access. That's obvious isn't it?
Get rid of fleet provisions. A fleet member needs to earn fleet currency to buy fleet items (already in place) and if that currency was automatically earned through the automatic tax system, then no need to incorporate a provision element to the game.

Here is how it should work. I join a fleet, and I get to choose a percentage of tax. A higher percentage would allow me to earn fleet currency more quickly (and of course contribute more to the fleet projects), and everything I do in game is then taxed. My experience to my energy credits to my dilithium would (should) be taxed.

We could set a minimum at 10%, and a maximum at 50% lets say.

This relieves the fleet admins from having to monitor and control who is allowed access to what fleet reward as the system would now AUTOMATICALY control that. Those who play harder at a higher tax percentage would get fleet items more quickly, while allowing others to contribute as they are comfortable with.

This is perhaps the most fair way that I can see to do this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
In my kdf fleet only top 4 ranks can use fleet store once members have shown there will add to base and join in on team mission will there be promoted to a rank were there can use fleet store. that way there is still fleet ranks for people that dont wont to use fleet stuff but still wont to use fleet bank. i put 500 dilith in to base every 8k i refine if every 1 did that dilith would not be a problem for base.
Commander
# 23
01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
you know it would probably be better if they just added a store
that sells provisions for dilithium and remove that dilithium requirements
from most of the projects/stores and have it require provisions and dilithium cost
for provisions will depend on the department.

this way fleets wont have the need to locked down there base. and contributors
wont be frustrated not being able to buy anything.
Captain
# 24
01-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Oh look another idea for the Fat Cats to be even fatter and the ... WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE TURNING ME INTO COMMUNIST!!??

Good Lord, it seems every time it comes to Fleets the suggestions are "how can I profit at the expense of others" and unsurprising this comes from large Fleets that are looking at the road to T5 and want to have those projects running non-stop at the expense of everyone else.
Captain
# 25
01-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
No taxation without representation!!
Sing it high brother!! It's time to get rid of the king and have a democracy - I'm in Boston and have the tea ready!!
Lieutenant
# 26
01-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Our fleet lock provisions/ships until a member reaches the rank of Commodore which they do by participating in lots of fleet events and by reaching 100K on the leaderboard. Seems to work well, we have 260 active members and still have over 400 fleet ships available.

Not a bad idea. How was that done? I've had some people do that in my fleet after being told not to touch fleet assets.
Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
Career Officer
# 27
01-07-2013, 11:05 AM
As long as it draws ORE and not my refined stash, I actually wouldn't mind a small percentage tax system...You know, if Cryptic was crazy enough to do it in the first place.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 28
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Our fleet lock provisions/ships until a member reaches the rank of Commodore which they do by participating in lots of fleet events and by reaching 100K on the leaderboard. Seems to work well, we have 260 active members and still have over 400 fleet ships available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
My fleet does a similar thing. We restrict members from the fleet stores until they hit 200k fleet credits on the leader board. They then upgrade to "Senior Member" and have unlimited access to the fleet stores.
We had to do this to stop people from raiding our stores, and it also gives members a goal within the fleet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
I never really liked this idea tbh, our fleet doesn't do it. Fleet store access is available to all but the first rank. Once you've been with us a few weeks and we've seen you around in game you get promoted with access to it and we haven't had any problems at all.

Nobody can really raid the stores given how expensive and dilithium heavy everything is. I think activity and a willing to help out should be more important than wealth in deciding fleet ranks.

For bank access I can understand it, as we had one or two issues with people trying to raid the bank - but never the fleet stores because they're so damn expensive and everything is bind on pickup!
I agree with topset... my fleet doesn't have any problems with provisions raiding despite the store being open to everyone. Mostly because there's no point to raiding provisions: they cost way too much to attract raiders and are bound on pickup. Unless you're actually going to use the equipment, you're at best going to be spending thousands in Fleet Credits and Dilithium for a pittance in EC.

The fleet bank has more restrictions, mostly because that has gotten raided before, mostly due to the very low opportunity cost.
Career Officer
# 29
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
This is the whole problem with starbases - they have made fleets into a gated content system where you are building the king his space castle.
You are characterizing it all wrong. I can see how that might be the case in some fleets, but not all. On my fleet our fearless leader has gotten SIX times as many fleet credits with his main as I have, and even has an alt that has contributed MORE than my main. Just to give you an idea of the kinds of numbers we're talking about, my main is on the leaderboard's "front page" (11nth as of today) and the fleet is LvL 16.... That kind of dedication and commitment by our leader deserves respect. We're not building his castle, we're building a castle for all of us. There IS a difference.
Super Moderator
# 30
01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah, a fleet tax is pointless.

The only thing a fleet really needs from its' members (aside from participation in fleet activities) is contributions to fleet projects.

This is already gated by who is allowed to contribute and how much they contribute.

The people who are already contributing have enough of a drain on their resources. They shouldn't be penalized.

The people who aren't contributing aren't earning fleet credits. They can't buy anything worth buying from the fleet store, and they can be locked out of the fleet store in any case. At best, they get free use of some of the fleet facilities like the transwarps and those don't cost anything once the upgrade is completed.

A mandatory tax just encourages people to leave, unless it's the same mandatory tax everywhere... which Cryptic won't do because then they have to take the heat for it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek