Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Survivor of Romulus
Example: Newbie with no idea how to do STF presented with Two Options:

A: Que for Normal Mode

B: Que for Elite (and make sure not to listen to team chat)

They chose B every time.

I honestly am about ready to quit this game for good. I am getting so mad in STF's that the game is not longer fun. People do not listen. I'm in a small fleet and people are almost never online together, this should not preclude me from being able to do simple STF's.

With Space elites I can normally compensate and get bonus even with newbies and AFK'ers but this is not the same for ground. I have been trying to get Infected Ground done with Bonus in elite for ages now, it is the last one I need for Elite Commander.

PS. Why do these people also que without any re-modulators integrated?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2013, 08:58 PM
I feel your pain would be nice if maybe they had to complete some accolades in order to unlock Elite.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Maybe something like finishing each mission in Normal Mode with Bonus at least 5 times. Then even if they are horrible players they would have some idea how to do the mission.
Career Officer
# 4
01-23-2013, 09:21 PM
I have to agree
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fataiityx3 View Post
Maybe something like finishing each mission in Normal Mode with Bonus at least 5 times. Then even if they are horrible players they would have some idea how to do the mission.
Seems fair to me
Every new recruit has to go thru "Boot Camp" would be about the same thing
Captain
# 6
01-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Been there had it happen to me even to this day, so i feel your pain. Even though i am in a fairly large fleet, most of the time i had to run ground missions in pug groups. It took well over 300 attempts at that mission to complete its optional, with what was an awesome pug group that day. Hell i've even been in ground missions with 700+day vets that act like a complete newb, course some of them might have been lifers, but still when i see some1 who has all the aquired gear, and a 700+day vet status, and act as dumb as a complete newb. You sometimes got to wonder who is playing on the other end.

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 01-24-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Captain
# 7
01-24-2013, 07:26 AM
If you get the Opp in elite ground in a Pug

Something went wrong.............................

2 or 3 members from some fleets ground team was probably there is a good guess
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci
Career Officer
# 8
01-24-2013, 08:08 AM
@jellico1: Nope, had the same experience with a random PUG - several times. Most of them where astonished themselves about how well it went.

But admittedly, these are rather rare occurances with a random PUG, the common experience is more along the lines of the original poster. What vexes me most is the strict adherance to not reading what is being written in team chat - or even sent via PM. I can understand that playing STFs is a learning experience - heck, I am far from knowing enough there myself - yet I for one want to know how I can get better at what I am doing. If only to display vastly superior attitude...
Ensign
# 9
01-24-2013, 08:20 AM
honestly i don't understand why everyone is upset.. if you don't like running Pug Ground STFs then get yourself into a good invite only group..

EliteSTF
STFVets

these are just 2 of them, you can make good groups here who know what they are doing and have all the gear needed... people will always mess up Pugs it wouldn't be STO if they didn't !!

Just run them for the fun of it.. and ask all your friends if they are in one of them groups or something the same and get an invite..!!

Happy Gaming people... stay relaxed..

Peter
Battle Group M.A.C.O.
Empire Veteran
# 10
01-24-2013, 08:46 AM
This phrase always rings true in when I see ppl trying to teach ground combat to pugs or people that don't know how its done...

"The Blind Leading The Blind"
Closed Thread