Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
I'll be the first to admit that I call it lolGround. None of my toons have any Ground Traits outside of required Ground Traits. I do not have more than the required 66k Skill Points in Ground.

But...

It came up in another thread as a kind of a joke, and it actually got me wondering. Given maps like Nimbus and what could potentially be done...would adding Ground Vehicles add to Ground PvP?

Imagine folks hopping in an Argo buggy, eh?

Heck, imagine taking it a step beyond that - even adding Shuttles or such things - thinking about that Rhi mission/event, eh?

Imagine if that map were a "Ground" PvP map - where you were fighting in the city. Had folks on Foot, in Ground Vehicles, and fighting in the skies with Shuttles/Fighters?

Just a thought...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
U.S.S. Temporary, Sentinel-class Star Cruiser
Captain
# 2
05-30-2013, 01:02 PM
That's one knockback I would love to see.
Lieutenant
# 3
05-30-2013, 01:05 PM
That would probably get me back on the ground.
----------
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
----------
http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
Captain
# 4
05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
It got me thinking back to Tribes back in the day...though, it mainly got me thinking back to trolling in vehicles. But still, it was fun.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
U.S.S. Temporary, Sentinel-class Star Cruiser
Captain
# 5
05-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Oh man, I would kill real people for a little of that.

Imagine, every Sunday, the main event for STO. Alliances of Fleets vs Alliances of Fleets in an EPIC BATTLE. Starting in Space, with a lot of Pew. Then, beaming down to the planet, where Space folks go in a Shuttle for Transport and Air Combat and the Ground folks doing their stuff trying to conquer the planet/station.

It's like Battlefield... but BETTER.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 6
05-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Oh man, I would kill real people for a little of that.

Imagine, every Sunday, the main event for STO. Alliances of Fleets vs Alliances of Fleets in an EPIC BATTLE. Starting in Space, with a lot of Pew. Then, beaming down to the planet, where Space folks go in a Shuttle for Transport and Air Combat and the Ground folks doing their stuff trying to conquer the planet/station.

It's like Battlefield... but BETTER.
That would be epic.
That's what's so great about HoBOs. We are not just 5 or 6 competent players, we are a fleet full of badass mother****ers that will PUNISH THE FEDs until their index fingers are worn to the bone from clicking the respawn button over and over! Q'pla!
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
05-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantomdisplay View Post
That would be epic.
I call hax... starships have a 10km weapons range... I only have 30 meters on the ground... I demand all space weapons be limited to 30 meters too.
Career Officer
# 8
05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
"Haha! Screw you and your ability to de-cloak and pulsewave me from behind!" ~~Spawns a tank~~
Empire Veteran
# 9
05-30-2013, 05:24 PM
It does sound cool.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 10
05-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
I call hax... starships have a 10km weapons range... I only have 30 meters on the ground... I demand all space weapons be limited to 30 meters too.
There might be a way to get some parity. Shuttles wouldn't be able to target individuals, only structures and ground vehicles, maybe some untargeted aoe? People on foot could have micro torpedo launchers to use against shuttles.

Make an urban map. Put collisions in with buildings and if you want to get close enough in a shuttle to shoot somebody on the ground you have to slow down. Maybe?

Could the foundry handle something like this?