Lieutenant
# 1 KDF-no ship at level 30/40?
03-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Hey folks, old lifetimer here.

Okay I've played both Federation and Romulan.

Decided to play my old KDF character and she's 42 already.

I didn't seem to get a new ship quest when I hit Captain or General...is there a way to check?

I went to the shipyard and while I see ships available, I don't see a ship token.

For that matter I didn't get a new ship at level 30 either...been managing in the old bird of prey but the fights are getting a bit tough.

Just curious what I'm missing.

Thanks!
Captain
# 2
03-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Hi,

I believe I have read that when Cryptic revamped the KDF faction to expand on the missions and whatnot, they kinda broke old KDF games where people ran into issues likes not getting free ships.

I could be wrong since that was not information I paid much attention to since I am relatively new to playing STO.
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I think they try to make each rank seem more "immersive" by making a a "special" mission, where you have to go back to your home base and talk to "Da boss man" ... Just for him to say ... "err yeah, well done and um good job, now go and kill some more things"

Then you get the token. If you miss out on that quest, or accidentally skip/decline/cancel it, the Token isn't automatically awarded.

It should be awarded automatically at each rank, but then players would just skip/decline/cancel the mission and that would make Cryptic sad ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2014, 04:48 AM
Open the mission selector and play/replay "Test of Mettle", all KDF have to run that mission to unlock the promotion/ship upgrade from lvl10+
Captain
# 5
03-29-2014, 06:49 AM
The problem is, "Test Of Mettle" is granted AFTER you get the ship token (it is a mission to "test" your new ship). So, i dont think doing that mission again will give him the token. But i dont have any idea so.. trying doesnt hurt.