Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
# 11
01-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi

I've downloaded stuff, took ages, and am trying to play the game but there is nothing on here tells you how. I just keep getting presented with a log in box. How do you actiually start playing?
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
# 12 Old but gold
03-28-2014, 10:36 PM
I know it's an old post but I prefer not to spam the forum with dup posts.

I got my Lt. Commander now and I wondering what is the best ship...
The scort one seems to be the most resilient (best hull, strong fore attack and fast turn rate) but the design of these tier 2 scort ships are so starwars that gave me cancer, lol.. and the crew capacity worry me, only 50.

I am a Sci Officer, and i liked the Nova Class, but this ship is TOO weak =S ...

The Excalibur (cruiser) is pretty decent, and it have an overall balance, but the engineering thing only gives me a bit of shield, that actually I think its nearly USELESS compared with the sensor jamming (sci) and the toperdo yield (tac)...

What should i do? D:

Thanks
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,158
# 13
03-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduayres View Post
I got my Lt. Commander now and I wondering what is the best ship...
They are all crap. Not a single one of them can be considered functional shipwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduayres View Post
The scort one seems to be the most resilient (best hull, strong fore attack and fast turn rate) but the design of these tier 2 scort ships are so starwars that gave me cancer, lol.. and the crew capacity worry me, only 50.
Crew is a non-stat that does nothing. In fact, a lower crew stat is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduayres View Post
What should i do? D:
You should stop visiting Quinn's office next time and stop claiming those poison-pill promotion traps, unless you are a Gold member. For now, just pick one, they are all equally worthless. You simply don't have the resources or funding at this stage in the game to build a functioning ship, and you don't really need to since you will be out of that stage of the game within an hour or two.

At which point you will receive a free, no-trap Fisher-Price "My First Ambassador" from the Temporal Ambassador mission.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 14
03-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Just, DONT GO FOR PVP. Champions online was really lacking on pvp, and STO is not an exception. PVP is broken in star trek online, its better if you focus on something else (pve) because it doestn matter what build, ship, or equipment you will have on pvp, it will be useless. It is an advice, dont waste time on building a ship for pvp. You can try, but STO is a long-end term game, and its better to focus on something else. At least until cryptic do something about it (well, in that case, never.. ).
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 26
# 15
03-29-2014, 10:33 AM
doffingcomrade, thank you for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
Just, DONT GO FOR PVP. Champions online was really lacking on pvp, and STO is not an exception. PVP is broken in star trek online, its better if you focus on something else (pve) because it doestn matter what build, ship, or equipment you will have on pvp, it will be useless. It is an advice, dont waste time on building a ship for pvp. You can try, but STO is a long-end term game, and its better to focus on something else. At least until cryptic do something about it (well, in that case, never.. ).
o.O... yep, Warzones in Ker'rat system is a pain in the ass AND kligons can hide like cowards and strike when you are at low hull integrity figthing a borg cube =S
So I think I'll follow my heart ang get an Sci Nova class
(Why? Constitution class and others: DAFUQ 170 years old design???? - Sabre Class and others: Am I Playing a starwar game or something??)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.