Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 21
01-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvicious666 View Post
Keybinds, keybinds, keybinds.

I have my attack preset bound to my spacebar, with other abilities of course, so I never forget to reset back my weapons power. Evasive and max engine power are on another, and max Aux is set on another for when I'm throwing heals around.

It is one of those often neglected things that greatly affect performance.
How do you reset your keybinds?

A friend said you have to enter some code into your chat bar but i followed what he told me and it didnt work. I cant see any function in the options to change your keys either.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Captain
# 22
01-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
How do you reset your keybinds?
Use this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=192243

Absolutely invaluable.
Career Officer
# 23
01-09-2013, 05:41 PM
A ships power is constantly changing.

the best way to set your power is to drop out of sector space and enter hub space like a space statuin so you can see what your combat settings will be.

Mine is a meager 90/60/35/35 but in hub space or combat space it is 125/91/46/46 and when i trigger BFI it become 125/116/71/71.

Just have to know what's important and whats not. Efficient is important. Efficient captain and two efficient boffs and your life get's easier.

Your ship will give you free stating to your systems so add and subtract accordingly. some consoles and sets give you stating aswell so add and subtract accordingly.

Myth one speed increase defense. To an extent yes. once you reach 32 parsecs def boost is topped out so anything over that speed is wasted one defense. I'm not sure if I have to sit down and go through power setting step by step but if I do just let me know and I'll post it, it's really easy once you do it once or twice then you'll find a set it and forget it setting.

Now remember it is one thing to have high eng skills to have high specced power settings but you need to also have the skills specced to replenish the energy drain or you'll simply black out and red line all the time and waste all you gained.
Rihannsu
# 24
01-09-2013, 05:54 PM
I usaully don't bother. Most PvE doesn't need it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 25
01-09-2013, 06:51 PM
As I'm currently in a Recon Science Vessel I find my self swapping between Aux for healing and applying E Siphon and weapons power for actually hurting stuff in PvE. In PvP I very rarely fly not in Aux-Bias mode.
Lieutenant
# 26
01-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
As I'm currently in a Recon Science Vessel I find my self swapping between Aux for healing and applying E Siphon and weapons power for actually hurting stuff in PvE. In PvP I very rarely fly not in Aux-Bias mode.
Hey! I'm in a Recon Sci as well. I use ES3 and ES2. I find that I can keep my weapon power close to 100 with setting it at 25. ES3 gives me 47 and ES2 gives me 37. EPtW 1 gives me another 21, plus I use batteries if needed and use a warp core engineer doff which has a 20% to give me extra power when I use EPtX.

What kind of setup do you have?