Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok well at a last minute dash I wanted to get the ship for my eng toon, I have a spur of the moment I really want this, as lets face it its a fantastic ship...

Anyway my 2 tacs already have it, so last night I decided what the hell, so starting at 12:05am I went for it completed the race and then used up my 175 lock box keys I had stashed...

I have 963 photos of Q after all that, in just under 8 hours time I will have the ship as I can do another race!!!

So how many other people have got the ship in under a day?

How long did it take to get yours!!!

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-08-2013, 05:21 AM
very well ...for those 200EUR you could have bought a lifetime-sub
Career Officer
# 3
01-08-2013, 05:28 AM
Not bothered about it to be honest, and made no effort/attempt to obtain it.

Not saying it's not a good ship - the majority of forum users clearly feel it is, and it's almost impossible to participate in a STF/Fleet action where there isn't at least one of them on the team.

I suppose that is a negative really (in my opinion) - there are just too many of them around at the moment. I mean, one STF I participated in a few days ago consisted of me, in my trusty Rhode Island, and four Breen ships.

I just couldn't really be bothered personally - I have yet to find a ship that I enjoy flying more than my [Fleet] Rhode Island, and that includes my Wells class, and as daft as it may sound, I see little point in attempting to obtain a ship that I would likely use for about a day before wanting to 'reactivate' my Rhode Island again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Republic Veteran
# 4
01-08-2013, 05:31 AM
I never bothered with it either. I just didn't see myself enjoying flying one, even if it is a great ship. Combination of the looks and the lore I suppose. I also didn't want the stress of having to access STO all the way through the Christmas holidays during which I was quite busy.
Career Officer
# 5
01-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
I never bothered with it either. I just didn't see myself enjoying flying one, even if it is a great ship. Combination of the looks and the lore I suppose. I also didn't want the stress of having to access STO all the way through the Christmas holidays during which I was quite busy.
Well, yeah - that too.

I don't get a huge amount of online time and as much as I enjoy the winter wonderland event, I'm not going to spend hours and hours having my toons running around on the ice for the sake of obtaining a ship that I, personally, am not all that bothered about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Commander
# 6
01-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post

So how many other people have got the ship in under a day?

1+24 additional days worth of running the race.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpig74 View Post
very well ...for those 200EUR you could have bought a lifetime-sub
Just to let you know I did not pay any money for any of the keys I used...

Only used Zen from my dili reserves. I had the keys stashed for another lock box release, however I just used them myself...

I have never brought anything in game with real money...

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
Captain
# 8
01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
The ship is ok but everyone and his pet dragon has one I certainly wouldn't waist that much Dili or zen to get something what you can get for free seems very very odd that to me
Career Officer
# 9
01-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
so last night I decided what the hell, so starting at 12:05am I went for it completed the race and then used up my 175 lock box keys I had stashed...

I have 963 photos of Q after all that, in just under 8 hours time I will have the ship as I can do another race!!!

Quote:
Just to let you know I did not pay any money for any of the keys I used...
To get an accurate idea of how long it took to get your ship, you will need to add the time you spent grinding for dilithium to buy the 175 keys, plus the race(s) you ran. Now, how long did it really take you to earn the ship?
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I've been using mine since before Christmas. I got to 800 photo's, then paid for the rest with already-present Lobi.

The Breen ship has been absolutely phenomenal. It has easily paid for the 200 early-adopter Lobi via many 1st place fleet action purple drops sold on Exchange (at least 50mil EC and counting). The problem is that I've been spending EC almost as fast as I've been earning it. Oh well lol!