Career Officer
Specifically, the Gorn, Orion and Nausicaan Bridge Officers that can be acquired upon completion of Diplomacy Level 4. I've seen them on the Exchange, so you can imagine my horror (upon reaching level 4) to find out that I couldn't sell mine on the Exchange.

What's with that? Surely they're either bound, or they're not. Currently it seems as though some people can sell them, and others (myself) cannot. This a bug, or am I missing something important here?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2013, 05:10 AM
How do you even get those? I've got Diplomacy T4, at least in the CXP version, and I've no clue where to find those BOFFs.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-08-2013, 05:25 AM
You get it from ambassador Jiro sugihara in Quinn's room. Talk to him and a STORE option will be seen once you reach T4 in diplomacy.
Career Officer
# 4
01-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonxx View Post
How do you even get those? I've got Diplomacy T4, at least in the CXP version, and I've no clue where to find those BOFFs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
You get it from ambassador Jiro sugihara in Quinn's room. Talk to him and a STORE option will be seen once you reach T4 in diplomacy.
There is your answer ericsonxx.

Does anyone know the answer to my little query though? I'm perplexed by this.
Career Officer
# 5
01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post

Pretty simple - they used to be unbound but now they're not (like a lot of things in STO) - anyone earning a Diplomacy Boff now can't sell it.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Community Moderator
# 6
01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:

I'm pretty sure the old Pre....S5?S6? Versions were unbound and could be sold and traded. The new versions since the Doff system can't.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 7
01-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Pretty simple - they used to be unbound but now they're not (like a lot of things in STO) - anyone earning a Diplomacy Boff now can't sell it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I'm pretty sure the old Pre....S5?S6? Versions were unbound and could be sold and traded. The new versions since the Doff system can't.
Well that sucks. The only reason I concentrated on Diplomacy was to acquire one of these unique Boffs to then sell it on the Exchange for a couple of million.

I have no use for an Orion Tactical Officer dressed in a Klingon attire. I've since read the DS9 Voting System is broken too? Cryptic sure need to get a grip where their bugs are concerned. Seems to be a lot of broken items in this game right now.
Captain
# 8
01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Well that sucks. The only reason I concentrated on Diplomacy was to acquire one of these unique Boffs to then sell it on the Exchange for a couple of million.

I have no use for an Orion Tactical Officer dressed in a Klingon attire. I've since read the DS9 Voting System is broken too? Cryptic sure need to get a grip where their bugs are concerned. Seems to be a lot of broken items in this game right now.
The doff system pretty much completely replaced these boffs - they are no longer needed from my understanding - doffs do all the work now.

This is just a throw back item that is novelty only.
Republic Veteran
# 9
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
The doff system pretty much completely replaced these boffs - they are no longer needed from my understanding - doffs do all the work now.

This is just a throw back item that is novelty only.
except for people who want orion slave girls on their bridge.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2013, 05:55 PM
My Orion slave, I mean Chief Engineer, looks just fine in her KDF uniform (such as it is). I actually think she's an awesome BOFF for crowd control on ground missions because of her confuse/placate traits and is not just a novelty.