> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
I have an idea for PvP, a new mode (in addition to normal play) where the ships are much more balanced and the game is unaffected by a lot of the changes continually being introduced by the developers.
In Hardcore Mode, the following rules are applied:
1) Doff passive skills are disabled.
2) Reputation passive abilities are disabled.
3) Ships may only use standard consoles or the unique ones they initially come with (e.g. no Plasma Distribution Manifolds unless you fly in an Advanced Heavy Cruiser).
4) Ships may only use canonical Engines, Shields and Deflectors, but advanced types (Omega/MACO/Honour Guard) would be allowed (it would be nice if the ships appearance/colors changed accordingly).
5) Ships may only be equipped with their canonical weapon types (i.e. the weapon types they came equipped with), upgraded versions of the same type permissible (so, if you see a bug coming towards you, you know to expect Polarons and Quantums, but they could be Mk XII Very Rare).
Now before all the PVP players start to hunt me down, think about it, PvP becomes more canonical, what you see against you, does what you expect it to, the Federation are the Federation again, likewise the KDF. All the new changes introduced into the main game will have little, reduced or no effect on Hardcore PvP. And finally there may be some peace between the PvE and PvP communities.
And whilst Im here, I'd like to see a proper Reputation System (please do not confuse) for PvP (End Game), where there are different levels of play, (e.g. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Elite.) so I, as a bit of a novice, could join a Beginner game knowing I'm not going to be auto-pulverised by an elite player. Points could be awarded in each category so as you improve you can play higher difficulty games, gaining reputation, you could even have a leader board in star bases for the top players.
Again, the main advantage I see is new players would feel more like playing PvP than the do at the moment.
My 3 cents worth.
Q: What season did you start playing STO? A: Season 5
Q: When do you wish you started? A: Season 1
Q: What season are you playing now? A: Season 7
Q: What season do you wish you were playing now? A: Season 6
I would like to see something similar but the ships would have to be stock from the shipyard. No consoles, nothing but stock equipment and possibly a limit to boffs you can slot if any.
This would be more about the pilot and the ship than equipment and complex dynamics of advanced PvP at level 50. Very basic and has the feel of lower level PvP without the hour long wait times and having to level another character.
This would not affect the current PvP but a separate Q to provide an alternative.