Career Officer
# 1 Thank you
01-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Since I have made Tier 5 on New Romulus, I have been playing a lot more Foundry Missions.

I would like to thank the Authors for their time and talent, bringing us more 'diversions'.

I have had the pleasure of playing some incredibly well written stories, worthy of comparison to anything Cryptic can write. I wish I could "Point fingers and Name names".... but...

Anyone who has not played the foundry, for whatever reason, needs to do it. I regret not playing Foundries sooner.

**To Cryptic: Please allow us to Tip the authors more than once. A good story should be rewarded for each chapter. Not just the first one.
Plaque by Voporak
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Without knowing whose missions you've played, I'll just say in general that you're very welcome and thank you for playing! Bugs and limitations aside, the Foundry is a wonderful creative tool and I think every author gets a lot of joy from hearing from players like you. Keep playing and heck, you can always try your hand at making a mission!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 01-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
01-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Lemme echo part of Drogyn's sentiment.

Thank YOU. For playing Foundry missions.
It's nice to hear a bit of general, nice feedback, with all the bashing that Foundry authors have endured here in the forums, of late.

Peace Be With You
- HippieJohn
Captain
# 4
01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Players like you are the reason I'd like to think most quality authors author. So, yay!

Glad you're enjoying yourself. Everything Drogyn said.
Career Officer
# 5
01-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Since I have made Tier 5 on New Romulus, I have been playing a lot more Foundry Missions.

I would like to thank the Authors for their time and talent, bringing us more 'diversions'.

I have had the pleasure of playing some incredibly well written stories, worthy of comparison to anything Cryptic can write. I wish I could "Point fingers and Name names".... but...

Anyone who has not played the foundry, for whatever reason, needs to do it. I regret not playing Foundries sooner.

**To Cryptic: Please allow us to Tip the authors more than once. A good story should be rewarded for each chapter. Not just the first one.

As I know I am one of the authors who had the honor of you playing my missions, let me again say thank you for playing my Spawn of Medusa series. You can definitely find a lot of quality missions on http://starbaseugc.com/ . We have a broad community there of Foundry Authors and also have all the spotlight missions, as well as a large number of diverse blog entries regarding all that is the Foundry. You can find a lot of new missions through posts there as well, and we also have a chat room where you can come in and meet some of the folks. Heck, you may even try your hand at the Foundry one day.
Anyway, thanks again for playing. We appreciate these posts speaking positively about the Foundry.

Duke-of-Rock
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Career Officer
# 6
01-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Without knowing whose missions you've played, I'll just say in general that you're very welcome and thank you for playing! Bugs and limitations aside, the Foundry is a wonderful creative tool and I think every author gets a lot of joy from hearing from players like you. Keep playing and heck, you can always try your hand at making a mission!
After 2 heart attacks, my memory is VERY bad. I have been able to go through the episodes and have a partial list of missions I would suggest being looked at.

Sanctuary for the lost

Spectres, Episode Six

Beneath The Raptors Wing

Time and Time Again

Dark Alliance Part 1

Relics

Sink the Bismark!

Spawn of Medusa series

Avenging Resolution series

In the Shadow of MIDAS series

The Worst of all Worlds series

The Jem'Hadar Alliance series

Demons: series

Somewhere in Time

This is only a partial list of episodes I have played. Please forgive me if I have reviewed your mission, and missed posting your mission name here.

**Duke, your Spawn series is incredible. Definitely worthy of another mention. I thank you and all the above authors for sharing your talent. I have tried to do a Foundry mission of my own, and gave up after an hour of getting nothing accomplished...

I gladly hand the reins over to you and the others.

Old KirkFan
Plaque by Voporak
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-09-2013, 07:17 PM
For me, seeing people enjoy a mission I've made is worth far more to me than dilithium. I sincerely mean it when I say thanks for playing.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 01-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
01-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
For me, seeing people enjoy a mission I've made is worth far more to me than dilithium. I sincerely mean it when I say thanks for playing.
I recognize your name. I know I have played more than one of your missions.

Of course, I just checked the search... lol In The Shadow of MIDAS series. Very well done. Well written and VERY entertaining. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Plaque by Voporak

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 01-09-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I totally 100000% agree with this. Nothing's better than getting an awesome reaction in a review or a thank you note in the in-game mail. Be sure to communicate your gratitude to authors if you enjoy their missions!
Career Officer
# 10
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueeenterprise View Post
I totally 100000% agree with this. Nothing's better than getting an awesome reaction in a review or a thank you note in the in-game mail. Be sure to communicate your gratitude to authors if you enjoy their missions!
First Cause, Then Effect... I recognize your name as well. Another fantastic mission to be mentioned.
Plaque by Voporak