Career Officer
# 11
01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
I have not noticed a difference in weapons fire...However I do think we should have a limit on ship torpedo stock's...Maybe 200 total for photons and the bigger they are the less you get. Then we have to go to a Fed/KDF/Fleet SB and reload from a Quartermaster NPC...NOT buy any more, we alrdy own the launcher...just to reload.

I feel with the "unlimited" torpedo supply that we are in an old western where the 6 shooter NEVER runs out of bullets.

It would make for some interesting PvP/PvE/STF combat scenario's

The only exception that I see would be for the plasma torpedo.

my 2ec's worth
"Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
1000 day vet and LTS
STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
Captain
# 12
01-12-2013, 10:23 AM
I constantly have to re-mash my space bar or ctrl+space bar to fire weapons because they won't fire despite having all weapons on auto-fire. 4-4 of them will usually go and then I have to hit it again to get the other 3-4 to fire as well. I'm constantly weaving about which means weapons going out of and into their firing arcs, and when they re-enter viable firing arcs they don't like to resume or they don't like to resume on the first space press but rather the second...

There's also some kind of insanely annoying UI lag that's tied to the FPS and latency. If you're in very intense combat and your FPS drops down into the single digits then about 60% of your tray clicks don't register. Period. I find myself being forced to use the keyboard commands for everything just to stay alive. A similar thing happens with latency when you fire off a power only to have it go into immediate 2-5 second "oh wait I wasn't ready yet" cooldown.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored

Last edited by mightybobcnc; 01-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
01-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachverant View Post
I have not noticed a difference in weapons fire...However I do think we should have a limit on ship torpedo stock's...Maybe 200 total for photons and the bigger they are the less you get. Then we have to go to a Fed/KDF/Fleet SB and reload from a Quartermaster NPC...NOT buy any more, we alrdy own the launcher...just to reload.

I feel with the "unlimited" torpedo supply that we are in an old western where the 6 shooter NEVER runs out of bullets.

It would make for some interesting PvP/PvE/STF combat scenario's

The only exception that I see would be for the plasma torpedo.

my 2ec's worth
or perhaps charge a few ec for each shot. i can imagine a special torpedo replicator hooked up to the tubes.