Ensign
# 1 into the hive
01-09-2013, 06:35 AM
i cannot beat the queen at the end, what is the best way of doing it? please help....
Rihannsu
# 2
01-09-2013, 11:28 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=448221

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
That post is for Hive Onslaught Space Elite

The OP is asking about Into The Hive GROUND Elite

It is easy to get them mixed up

Thx
Locutus
Ensign
# 4
01-10-2013, 02:30 AM
its not even that im trying to do it on elite o.O im still fairly new to the game, and i dont know what weapon types are good against what or anything at the moment, i just cant seem to beat the queen, or do the first room quickly, any advice at all would be helpful.
Thank you
Captain
# 5
01-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Coward tactic. Hide behind pillars and snipe. An Engi with fab spec is also helpful, since mortars can be put in the prisons that you respawn in when you die, and then the Borg cannot fire on them, and your mortars can fire out.

As for tac, Fire Team is one of the more effective kits, since you can do a nice hunk of damage with ambush (get behind her, hit TO, BS, SF, Ambush, FOMM, and then hit her with a sniper shot, watch a bloody TON of hp/shield get smacked off in one go).

As science goes, I have no clue, not gonna lie.

Also a semi-competent team helps. And don't expect it to be an easy win. What is probably the worst is not the queen herself, but the Elite Tac Drones and Heavy Tac Drones she loves to spawn. And the Gorn Tac drone is more of an irritant than a danger, just hide and snipe and he can't do much of anything. But you basically have to use the coward tactic if you are unsure of your team's damage output.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 6
01-10-2013, 04:24 AM
All good info from hereticknight, as for science either a medic kit to keep yourself and your team alive or a physicist kit with phasic instability geologist doffs is the best bet.

Sniper rifle and pulsewave are what I use for stfs, in the first room you want to pulsewave them at point blank as soon as they start to wake up. For the queen the team should split into 2 groups, 1 group takes a lower corner and the other takes the opposite corner on the top. You then sniper from there using the pillars for cover. If drones spawn and the queen is still active focus all fire on her to get her off the field, then deal with the drones.

When her mortars start targeting you if you get between a pillar and the launcher the mortar won't fire.

This one is more difficult than the rest of the ground stfs, with a decent team that works together though the normal version is not to bad. Elite you need an experienced group for.
Ensign
# 7
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Thank you soo much guys, I will take your advice into effect, and try it out, it is much appreciated , thank you for putting the time and effort into replying to me
Bosleyy@admiralmurk if you wanted to add
Thank you
Sean