Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Anti-borg space weapons
01-09-2013, 05:41 AM
I can't find these anywhere on the reputation. (the ones with [Borg] suffixes) Are they no longer around?
Career Officer
# 2
01-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teklionbenrasha View Post
I can't find these anywhere on the reputation. (the ones with [Borg] suffixes) Are they no longer around?
Don't think they are, but saying that one of the Dev's admitted that the [Borg] modifier didn't actually work, so they didn't really serve the intended purpose anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Ensign
# 3
01-09-2013, 06:09 AM
It's sad that after all the STFs we ran and the amount of time it took to get a loudouts worth of epic borg salvage we get told the [Borg] proc didn't work (because not all borg NPCs/Objects actually counted as Borg apparently) and there'd be no more [Borg] weapons.

So now all those people like myself who have a ship fitted with MkXII anti-Borg weapons just have a useless proc and nothing in recompense. Would it have been that hard to fix the issue? It would be nice to have the old [Borg] proc retroactively replaced instead of having to grind out for new weapons now this came to light.
Career Officer
# 4
01-09-2013, 07:47 AM
and it gets worse...
there isn't even a good alternate supply line now,
the Dilithium Store stops at Mk XI, in many cases even at Mk X, outdated
Crafting doesn't go beyond Mk XI either, outdated
Fleet Weapons all have the DMGx3 buff, worst mods of them all, expensive, hard to get, forced to be in a fleet.
Romulan Reputation Weapons are Plasma only... i have ONE out of 10 chars who uses Plasma (i hate the FPS reduction from the plasma fire proc, i hate that i'm just shooting at flaming balls of fire most of the time and the bigger the ship the worse the gamma flickering becomes... *ugh*, not to mention that everybody has anti plasma shields because of STFs)

what else?

Weapons from LockBoxes?
I don't like em... 2x 2,5% weapon procs (most of em are bad anyway) +2 normal Mods... hard to get, expensive on Exchange and if you later want to change the layout there is no supply of the weapon type anymore... also bound to character instead of account.

so really the only thing to get proper Mk XII weaponry with 3 OK procs ( [Acc][CRTH][CRTD] ) only DROP from NPCs?! am i missing something here?

also why the hell are only ground Antiproton weapons available in the Borg Reputation Store? If you go with the Omega Ground Set you already have a Antiproton weapon, so you can not get a 2nd anti Borg ground weapon with a different energy type unless you use the Maco or Adapted Maco set weapons... kind of limits your choices there.
Also there are no more Pulswave Anti Borg Antiproton weapons... WTF?

And why did they not fix the [Borg] mod anyway? Just change it so that it does 15 damage per shot more to Borg ships and be done with it.
If not all Borg ships are tagged at Borg... then how about tagging them as such?

removing the item, not fixing weaponry that most players already have... NOT COOL.
Captain
# 5
01-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Personally, I wish Omega rep would simply add regular MK XII space weapons. Maybe Antiproton, Disruptor, Phaser... something.

Don't worry about making it [Borg], just... some way to get that gear!
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
(snip) Don't worry about making it [Borg], just... some way to get that gear!

I absolutely agree. Give us rare MK XII if you have to instead of very rare, but don?t take them away.
Put them back in the store and charge us your precious dillithium for it.

What Cryptic has effectively done is screw over the entire player base that has ever collected these weapons in two smooth moves:
1. Taking it out of the store and not making it available anymore.
2. Not fixing it, changing the proc, and/or changing its quality to match it?s ability.

And personally I don?t accept that considering the time and effort it took me to get them. Not without some form of compensation. I come here for fun- this isn't.

Put it back and fix it!

We use it for other things?
...hello?
...doesn?t anybody there actually play this game?
Career Officer
# 7
01-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Personally, I wish Omega rep would simply add regular MK XII space weapons. Maybe Antiproton, Disruptor, Phaser... something.

Don't worry about making it [Borg], just... some way to get that gear!
What can they add? The Romulan Mk XII's are safe because even though they've got good mods (Acc x2), they trade a mod for the Disruptor proc and people are wary of using Plasma because of all the resists in game.

Now the [Borg] proc is consigned to history, the only decent Mk XII purples you could put in the Omega store would have to be real Mk XII with 3 mods - these would be better than the Fleet weapons.

I guess they could trade another proc like Phased Antiproton but even then - if you could get something like that, why would you buy Fleet? It'd largely make the loot drops redundant too since very few can afford all [mod]x3 anyway.

I'd love to see something like this - and I'd love to see craftable Mk XII gear too but the Devs have painted themselves into a corner somewhat with the multitude of systems (and gameplay and currencies) involved in aquiring Mk XII gear so I doubt it'll happen.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 8
01-09-2013, 09:43 AM
I would prefer Omega to be equal in power but different in effect than Fleet. Because my KDF guy is probably never going to get Fleet gear, and I think a diversity of methods to get endgame gear is a good idea.

Even though I won't touch Crafting with a 10' lirpa, I also think MK XII very rare gear should be doable that way, too.
Career Officer
# 9
01-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah I hate that all our work into getting these borg weapons has been tossed out the window. It is not even remotely fair!

Even more shocking when this is happening on a regular basis with cryptic. It has happened 3 or more times now. They let us put effort into grinding the same missions only to be told that they are changing the system and every one starts from zero again.
Its becoming Cryptics MO!
Lieutenant
# 10
01-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Don't think they are, but saying that one of the Dev's admitted that the [Borg] modifier didn't actually work, so they didn't really serve the intended purpose anyway.
I never knew that- would certainly explain why I wasn't seeing any +1000 Radiation Damage against Borg in STFs. Makes me glad I bought 3 Fleet Plasma DHCs to swap in or out for when I wan't fighting Borg, so does the 1,000 bonus radiation damage not work at all? Ages ago I bought Tetryon DHCs, then Antiproton when I realised that extra shield damage does nothing against unshielded targets like transformers or generators