Lt. Commander
# 101
01-10-2013, 08:46 AM
an hour and 5 minutes for a scotty on this maitnence from this post anything after is on time or extended
Career Officer
# 102
01-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance9 View Post
do you guys have any plans to introduce a fleet odey at some point in time?
i ask because when a fleet excelsior flies up next to me with higher hull and shields its relay annoying considering they are 1/4 the size and about 200 years older. ''The pinicale of star fleet design'' the flagship... shouldn't it be more than a whale flopping around with less capability than a 300 year old star ship refit for fleet use?
Size doesn't matter ... Well, you posted in the wrong sub-forum, if you don't want your comment to be lost, then open a Thread in the "General Community Feedback"-forum.
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...

Last edited by torsten1009; 01-10-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Community Moderator
# 103
01-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader1290 View Post
Its a shame that all the servers go down all at once, surelly Cryptic doesn't have all the servers in one place? If they dont and have say 3 groups of servers ie.. US, Europe and Far East I cant understand why they cant bring it down one at a time during night hours?
Moot point even if they did. It's all part of the same shard (or "server") and yes, most of the server computers are located in a DC in the East coast if I remember right.

Cryptic/PWE do have a network team on call 24/7/365 But if something blows up with the patch it's not like said network team has the ability to alter the code last moment
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 104
01-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
Not if your retired... or disabled.. or on a day off... or ...
I would imagine the population of retired, disabled, day off, etc would be pretty small for the whole game population. The good of the many etc etc.

Not that I don't feel your pain, commonly I report to work in the afternoon on Thursdays (US) and this often precludes me from playing during my off time. So I catch up on the forums, ensure I have clean underwear for the following week, and make the house look less like a targ runs the place. I am in that small number of people impacted by their routine, but in the end it is just how it has to be.

I just hope for the the 3rd birthday they "reinstate" some of the launch bugs for nastalgia overa weekend. I want to fly my reliant around on the starbase and walk my captain through sector space again. Just for kicks and screenshots. Call it a Q thing or a spatial distortion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 105
01-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Sorry but 2PM isn't exactly "Prime Time" in Europe either ... most Europeans have to work at that time ... people in Siberia or Kazakhstan are the real victims here

Agree...How come 2pm is EU primetime.....I'm sure Europeans do work as Americans do

2pm should be primetime but for work not for playing STO...unless you do work for Cryptic....

You guys get a 4 day workweek...enjoy but the rest of the world still have to pay subs/bills including DEVS

Last edited by crusader2007; 01-10-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Career Officer
# 106
01-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The team just got back into the swing of things on Monday, so it's understandable since this just went to Tribble yesterday

Maintenance times vary depending on what needs to be completed.

The team is investigating many of the Foundry issues that have been posted about in the Foundry Bugs forum. We're hoping to have many of them resolved very soon.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You forgot the TM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader1290 View Post
Its a shame that all the servers go down all at once, surely Cryptic doesn't have all the servers in one place? If they don't and have say 3 groups of servers ie.. US, Europe and Far East I cant understand why they cant bring it down one at a time during night hours?

...ONE Server to rule them all...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 107
01-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resistance9 View Post
do you guys have any plans to introduce a fleet odey at some point in time?
i ask because when a fleet excelsior flies up next to me with higher hull and shields its relay annoying considering they are 1/4 the size and about 200 years older. ''The pinicale of star fleet design'' the flagship... shouldn't it be more than a whale flopping around with less capability than a 300 year old star ship refit for fleet use?
Your statement is only partly true.

There are 3 versions of the Excelsior and 2 versions of the Odyssey:

T3 Excelsior: 26000 hull, 100% shields
T5 Excelsior Retrofit: 39000 hull, 100% shields
T5 Fleet Excelsior Retrofit: 42900 hull, 110% shields

(Free & C-Store) Odyssey: 42000 hull, 115% shields

So yes, the Fleet Excelsior has slightly more hull (2.1%) but the Odyssey has more shields (4.6%). Obviously there are other factors to consider.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Survivor of Romulus
# 108
01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
You guys get a 4 day workweek...enjoy but the rest of the world still have to pay subs/bills including DEVS
???

I guess you only meant the French.
Career Officer
# 109
01-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
I would like to know/have your income, if you can afford to pay your personal DEV(s)...
First one half of the so called Community complains: "Give us instant access to all veteran rewards, for going lifetime.", then the other half of the same Community complains: "I've earned 1000 Day membership, I want a special reward.".
Stop complaining, if it is enough for you, you could have the "Captains Table" for the real veterans, I don't want access to another dead social zone...
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
01-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Server is up
Closed Thread