Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
I had my first KHG Set on a KDF Engineer so i never noticed this behavior before,

today i got my Adapted Maco Pulswave Shotgun with Grenade launcher on one of my Fed Tactical Chars and i had to notice that the secondary attack from the Gun puts my Photon and Smoke Grenades from the Kit into global cooldown (roughly 5 seconds) !?

Who the hell thought THAT would be a good idea?

Also vice versa when you throw a Photon Grenade first the secondary attack of the gun will go into global cooldown... obviously.

I dont know about you but i usually open my attack with a grenade and then follow up with the secondary of the rifle, not possible here and it makes me nuts.
I didn't even pay attention to it ever, it is just how i play, now that i cant do it ....well i notice it and it sux! lol

There is even a KIT with 4 grenades, if you use that the gun can in theory be constantly on cooldown...

*swaps back to Antiproton Pulswave*
*gives Adapted Maco set to BOff*
*keeps visuals*
*wont spend any dilithium on the other 5 Tac chars for this set*
*hmpf*
Captain
# 2
01-09-2013, 04:50 PM
you do know that this is "working as intended"
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
There are other similar effects to this. Try using Orbital Strike on your engineer, then fire the secondary on a standard Pulsewave Assault. Orbital Strike puts the secondary on a global cooldown. I think the idea is to limit how much AoE you can throw down on the ground at any given point, although I can't recall if I ever saw an official dev explanation for this. Still, I kind of think it's intentional.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I do like to use a grenade as a first strike so this could be annoying
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
It's been working like that for the KDF from the start. So what? If you're using a kit with too many grenades, it might be the problem.
Captain
# 6
01-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Um... anyone who has ever rolled a KDF tac toon already knows this.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 7
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM
It's...a grenade? Makes sense I suppose.

The engineer's orbital strike ability puts all expose secondary attacks on cooldown, since orbital strike is considered an expose ability, although I don't think it's labeled as such.
@HyperLimited
Captain
# 8
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Well, since I don't use a Grenade kit (Stealth all the way) this doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Meanwhile I get a space-shotgun with a grenade launcher.

Works for me.
Career Officer
# 9
01-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
There is even a KIT with 4 grenades, if you use that the gun can in theory be constantly on cooldown...
Welcome to why the Grenade satchel is one of the worst kits available in game.
Empire Veteran
# 10
01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Um... anyone who has ever rolled a KDF tac toon already knows this.
This^ it has always been that way with the Honor Guard Pulsewave.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...