Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
I had my first KHG Set on a KDF Engineer so i never noticed this behavior before,

today i got my Adapted Maco Pulswave Shotgun with Grenade launcher on one of my Fed Tactical Chars and i had to notice that the secondary attack from the Gun puts my Photon and Smoke Grenades from the Kit into global cooldown (roughly 5 seconds) !?

Who the hell thought THAT would be a good idea?

Also vice versa when you throw a Photon Grenade first the secondary attack of the gun will go into global cooldown... obviously.

I dont know about you but i usually open my attack with a grenade and then follow up with the secondary of the rifle, not possible here and it makes me nuts.
I didn't even pay attention to it ever, it is just how i play, now that i cant do it ....well i notice it and it sux! lol

There is even a KIT with 4 grenades, if you use that the gun can in theory be constantly on cooldown...

*swaps back to Antiproton Pulswave*
*gives Adapted Maco set to BOff*
*keeps visuals*
*wont spend any dilithium on the other 5 Tac chars for this set*
*hmpf*
I Got the same with my FED Character also have the kit with 4 Grenades and yes the kit goes on Cool down when I use the lancher. I do notice it is a different time set. so you about fire one after a few sec after the other.
But as in real life you can Toss a Gernade and fire a Grenade Lancher at the same time so why not in this game. So Developers please look into this.
Captain
# 22
01-10-2013, 09:49 AM
The advantage of Feds getting KDF stuff is that stuff might actually get fixed.

So there's that.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post

So there's that.
I thought MACO and OMGA EQUIPS are for both FED and KDF?
Career Officer
# 24
01-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:

So there's that.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanj View Post
I thought MACO and OMGA EQUIPS are for both FED and KDF?
Omega was always Fed and KDF

KHG (Standard) AKHG (Maco Items/Bonuses) Are KDF Gear

Maco (Standard) AMaco (KHG Items/Bonuses) Are Fed Gear
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 25
01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes it does, but the HG grenade is also better then the plasma grenade since it has more damage happening instantly rather then over time. I use the Operative kit with this weapon since I don't need the plasma grenade with it. Ambush with the HG grenade then lunge has been working as good if not better then ambushing with a plasma grenade then a regular shot.
Lieutenant
# 26
01-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Oh goody, yet another complaint from Feddies that aren't happy with an item they've stolen from the KDF.

Considering how pampered the Feds are, I suppose we can expect a fix for the Adapted set in the next week or two, while the original KDF version will remain as it is now
sorry but i agree with that
The Emperor isn't please with Cryptic apparent lack of progress for the Empire. Lord Vader is on his way
Career Officer
# 27
01-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:

So there's that.
Maybe, if they actually consider it a bug.
But iht might also turn out they'll only fix it on the Fed version and leave the KDf version "as intended".
Captain
# 28
01-10-2013, 06:46 PM
As a sci/engie. I just find it kinda neat I can throw grenades like a tac with this rifle. So I don't care if it puts grenades on cooldown. :-D

That being said the standard pulsewave alternate shot is much more useful in more situations, so why did they replace it with a grenade launcher anyway?
Captain
# 29
01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
KHG rifle has ALWAYS been this way. Instead of finding the truth, you wanted the game mechanics to comply with your 'idea' of how things should work and came to the forum to cry about it?
Empire Veteran
# 30
01-11-2013, 12:15 AM
I had a feeling this would pop up eventually. I'm surprised it took as long as it did.