Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
No, that is not a sarcastic title! I just wanted to stop in and give the Star Trek Online PVP community a bit of thanks-

I just had the five funnest matches I have ever had in MMORPG PVP -period-, and after each of them the opposite side hung around long enough to give me helpful advice as to what I could do better; One group of individuals I had played against even took the time to answer a few of my questions in a group chat after leaving the map!

PVPers get a bad rap all too often. While the trashtalking does sometimes go too far beyond competitive banter, the PVP community also knows how to be helpful and go the extra mile to assist newbies.
Career Officer
# 2
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Yay for PvPers and OPvPers!

And new PvPers too.
Commander
# 3
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Nooo don't ruin our rep! I mean...uhh...tell your friends!
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-10-2013, 09:11 PM
See. They are not bad people after all. I hope more players find this out like you did,OP.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 5
01-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I would say you had a lot of luck. There are people that are talking and responding, I had a nice chat after C&H yesterday with some Klink spammer... ehem, carrier pilot, but usually it's hard to get even your own team to respond to simple "hi" when you are in PUGland.

Cheerish the moment, it won't happen to often, sadly.

And yeah, I'm the doomsayer
Ensign
# 6
01-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Yep usually (atleast in the games i played) people keep there strategies for them selfes and only share within Fleets/Clans. But if you ask something here from the PvP Community you always get a good and honest awnser. Most PvErs just post Links to Guides without explaining ****.

Last edited by phoenixstaffel; 01-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-11-2013, 06:40 AM
The days when PVP had no auto-teaming, well, you got a chance to know if you had a solid group then.

Cheers! Glad you found some helpful players.

To add, the PVP Boot Camp teamspeak is also a good resource for advice and teaming. I know several us from Critz/XTreme team and help boot campers when we are on. We're mostly helpful unless we're out to go kill some bad guys ;p
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Ensign
# 8
01-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Glad to hear the pvp community is alive and well. Maybe I will stop in and check it out again. Its been awhile.
Career Officer
# 9
01-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Yep, anyone who wants to talk to other PvPers is free to /channel_join OrganizedPvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-11-2013, 10:57 AM
The PvPers aren't as bad as many people think...they are so much worse!
Nah, seriously...when pugging at Ker'rat or PvP queues against the evul Klinguns I always read the OrganizedPvP channel...it's very entertaining and informative.
I don't participate because I have difficulty with the english barbaric language...
After a fierce battle against the evuls a Fed Captain needs some relax!