Captain
# 31
01-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Well still better than repeating 10 Mark Missions on New Romulus for x-hundred times ....
So what you are saying is the entire rest of the Mark rep system is one big boring joke? Too much time for too little reward?
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
So what you are saying is the entire rest of the Mark rep system is one big boring joke? Too much time for too little reward?
Well, I'm not going to speak for him, but I'd say that pretty much nails it. Epohh raising is a boring joke too, but at least it provides decent marks for the time required.
# 33
01-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Already stopped playing New Romulus content, only thing decently good is Mine Trap.

On tribble we told them it was boring content that wouldn't last any time at all, but fanboys protested saying it was the bestest thing ever, devs responded to the fanboys. The fact that they reused the t4 mission for t5 is disgusting.
Career Officer
# 34
01-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepenguin121 View Post
Well, I'm not going to speak for him, but I'd say that pretty much nails it. Epohh raising is a boring joke too, but at least it provides decent marks for the time required.
Yes, of course ... not trying to defend the Rep. System here ... enjoyed "Mine Trap" for a few runs ... but after 20+ times, even this gets boring ... without Epohh Raising i just would've stopped playing after ~T2 ... and my only reason to play is because I want to play the Tier Missions / see the cutscenes ... which are just a very cheap Versions of "FE" anyway

Last edited by thutmosis85; 01-10-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-10-2013, 09:19 AM
10 mark Rom ground missions are still better than 5 mark Defera ground missions that take twice as long. /shrug

Haven't done Rom "content" besides the Tier quests since T3. But that's because I realized Epohhs + Winter Epohhs was less work/time. Hit T5 on my main yesterday. Between all the Epohhs and the T5 bonus, I've got 4.8k marks to play with. And there'll be the last few Winters to add to that. So, unless I really need more Dil in the future, not much need for more marks.

My other characters have 1-2k marks, and are between T0 and T2, just from Winter epohhs. Haven't stepped foot on New Rom yet with any of them.

(Once winter is over, I'll get back to work on Omega marks. Man, those Defera missions are going to be a massive drag after how easy Rom marks have been to get.)
Career Officer
# 36
01-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Oh noes gear grind is the only end game no company has ever done that before pushing you into dailies to obtain your gear as the only end game content oh wait ...... ALL OF THEM now stop whining and go back to it
Vice Admiral Lufia Rushu
Commander, R.R.W. Ravenclaw
"I would use my Legacy of Romulus title but everyone and their father use that"

Last edited by starfleetlufia; 01-10-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Rihannsu
# 37
01-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
Oh noes gear grind is the only end game no company has ever done that before pushing you into dailies to obtain your gear as the only end game content oh wait ...... ALL OF THEM now stop whining and go back to it
I have to agree here. non-repetitive end game content? Where can I find this mythical beast?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 38
01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I have to agree here. non-repetitive end game content? Where can I find this mythical beast?
Once there was a magical time, when Cryptic promised to release FE's without major breaks ... and even managed to release 3 of them within 6 months ... this was the end game content I was hoping for, but guess this ship has sailed long ago after PWE/F2P ...

Now they can't even manage 1/year ... but everyone at Cryptic tells us, they have more resources now than ever yaddayaddayadda ... still don't get how this is possible ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 01-10-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Career Officer
# 39
01-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Once there was a magical time, when Cryptic promised to release FE's without major breaks ... and even managed to release 3 of them within 6 months ... this was the end game content I was hoping for, but guess this ship has sailed long ago after PWE/F2P ...
And I predicted that would be unsustainable, as did everybody else with lots of MMO experience and/or industry knowledge. And look; it was unsustainable.

The only way story content can stay ahead of the average player's play curve is with UGC; a company just can't do it with paid employees, it's not possible.
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
01-10-2013, 10:18 AM
I will, yes.

1. Marks --> Dilithium.
2. I like the story of this springing up - and it has a lot more to offer, I think, in future seasons.