Lt. Commander
# 41
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
people, you are adults, you play a game, which we all here LOVE.

we all buy Zen according to our wallet, or not, just being here with the community.

PLEASE, do as it suits you, buy a LTS, or don't ... buy Zen or grind Dill, but please do not ***** about it here in the forums afterwards..

it is all YOU doing it.. not Cryptic.
That is who it is. I am guilty of jacking the prices up on some items only because items that I am really wanting are jacked up themselves on the exchange but I try to keep my prices reasonable and I use the value listed on each item as a guide. I just wish people would stop complaining about how they are paying more zen for the same amount of dilithium. I didnt see people complaining about having to give a lot of dilithium for very little Zen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpet View Post
800 zen is 8$ not 80$ and btw u do need more then 1 and a half hour to cap dill so dill is still cheap so drop to 50 dill per zen or less is near future
I think its up to the person, theres players in my fleet that can cap 8,000 dilithium in 45 minutes. I cap 8,000 in about 60 minutes if there are no connection issues with the game.
Career Officer
# 42
01-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Again sometimes I wonder if I'm one of the few that enjoy grinding for Dilith. I mean, it's practically equal to RL money, and doesn't bite into my hobby budget, which is well spent in other ways as well as investments.

If they stopped it and my monthly stipend, I'd still play, just won't buy anything. Only got a LTS due to it being more sound then paying a monthly fee. Can't justifiably buy virtual goods that I can't stick on a shelf or wall.

Yeah, I can get screen shots and frame them, but I'm planning to draw them. =3
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Career Officer
# 43
01-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Two things Cryptic can do to balance out the dilithium economy:

A.) Increase the refinement cap.

B.) Release more content to the Zen store and/or release less (or cheaper) content with dilithium costs.

The dilithium exchange is absolutely based on the supply and demand set by the players. But that supply and demand always follows the production of content and the production of currency. Cryptic absolutely can affect the economy, as they are the sole producer of content here.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 44
01-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
Two things Cryptic can do to balance out the dilithium economy:

A.) Increase the refinement cap.

B.) Release more content to the Zen store and/or release less (or cheaper) content with dilithium costs.

The dilithium exchange is absolutely based on the supply and demand set by the players. But that supply and demand always follows the production of content and the production of currency. Cryptic absolutely can affect the economy, as they are the sole producer of content here.
This is 100% the case - while the players create the buy/sell transactions it is Cryptic's business decisions that dictate where the price will go

IE creating massive dilthium sinks like Starbases and then making everything else cost dilthium to acquire - but leaving the refinement cap at 8000

couple that with not putting out a significant amount of new items in the Z-store and this is the result of Cryptic's business

Speaking of new stuff for the z-store - how about a whole lot of NEW costumes for the KDF??
Lieutenant
# 45
01-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
... I feel I am correct -- it's being run by greedy players . Players set the price they are willing to trade for, and as it's been said many times, by many Devs, we do not manipulate the exchange.
This is due to the buy and sell orders that players, not Devs, want to make.
This is plain misleading or misunderstanding of supply/demand economy. The dev team controls the DI supply available to the player on a DI per time unit spent. The dev team has tightened the DI supply dramatically per player time unit so the supply has decreased. Assuming demand has remained constant(for sake of an example) the price of DI raises per Zen.

Saying the players control DI price is like saying that the tail wags the dog.
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Career Officer
# 46
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
This again comes back to personal and fleet progression. The only reason to buy Dilithium is because you want it right now; if you are willing to wait, you can grind it, even if just by doffing your way to a couple thousand a day, which takes minutes. If you want it NOW, the only effective strategy is to undercut. Therefore, undercutting is inevitable.

The only exception is people selling their stipend, and they're a drop in the bucket.
Yup, you are correct, I just do not have the patience ( or time ) to do the same missions day in and day out so I like to spend some real money to get there quicker. I don't mind dropping $40 a week into the game if I can get a nice 500,000+ Dil out of it ( 2 months of 8k a day ) , but getting less than 1 = 100 is pretty bad.

Honestly I took the other road of just leaving the game for now until a new big update hits, The market will hopefully recover by then.
Empire Veteran
# 47
01-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
This is 100% the case - while the players create the buy/sell transactions it is Cryptic's business decisions that dictate where the price will go

IE creating massive dilthium sinks like Starbases and then making everything else cost dilthium to acquire - but leaving the refinement cap at 8000

couple that with not putting out a significant amount of new items in the Z-store and this is the result of Cryptic's business

Speaking of new stuff for the z-store - how about a whole lot of NEW costumes for the KDF??
Now you're just making way to much sense
Career Officer
# 48
01-10-2013, 02:58 PM
I also cut off Cryptic's funding as of November last year. Another LTS here.

Reasons:
  • Z-Store Ships at Saturation Point - With the addition of the lockbox ships, we have all the canon designs except the Norway, New Orleans, and Ambassador now. Oh, and those Romulan ships that are part of the Romulan faction which will make its debut on February 33, 201never.
  • STO Revenues Obviously Not Spent on STO - Queue for your next mindless zergfest, please, because it's the cheapest content we can make. Klingons need not apply for pretty much, well, any purchasable content because it doesn't make money...so what the hell happened to the money we've already spent?
  • Not Enough Interior Packs - They're already underpromising on this, the Defiant took like two years and the Galaxy and Intrepid ones are barely on the radar. This is the new frontier of big ticket items for the Z-Store imo. Ships are kind of over as we have almost every combination of consoles possible, and everything else is in the Lobi store. Speaking of...
  • Too Much Lobi Store Crap - Some of the uniforms and items were put in the Lobi store out of reach of most players (4 Lobi/box with the good items starting at 200 Lobi)...then put on the exchange for 20m+. It's just ridiculous to spend $50 on a single-character unlock. These should be saved for second-chance ships and special shuttles mostly, or uniform prices need to be brought way the hell down.
  • Dilithium Exchange Rate in the Toilet - Enough said here.
  • Disrespectful Cryptic Developers - Check out this tweet from CaptainGeko basically telling the forum users to get bent and that we should just sit back and be pleased with whatever scraps of code they deign to share with us. He is entitled to his opinion and i am entitled to vote with my wallet and live off the stipend. I don't give a damn if they put Jean-Luc Picard himself in a lockbox, I won't be buying it with real money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.

Last edited by sekritagent; 01-10-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Commander
# 49
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpet View Post
800 zen is 8$ not 80$ and btw u do need more then 1 and a half hour to cap dill so dill is still cheap so drop to 50 dill per zen or less is near future
Either you missed the 10% part or I'm missing something.

And no, "you" don't need more than 1.5h to get 8000 dilithium.
There might be people it takes longer than that but it's perfectly doable in 90 minutes.
70 minutes is doable (altho probably the utmost fastest possible day by day).
Career Officer
# 50 Really?
01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The Dilithium Exchange is 100% player driven, and you and your peers set the prices: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=789911

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Really? Then I must be playing another game. The dil market is controlled by Cryptic by simply not showing all the offers.
I made a test: put some zen for sale at a price way over the market. I asked a friend if he can see my offer ( I excluded the fact that I wasn't able to see it), and of course no, there was no offer of mine. So simply by not showing all the offers, but only the lowest ones, CRYPTIC is controlling the market. At least be a man and admit it Brandon.