Career Officer
I am wondering if and when STO will ever have these areas more playable. There doesnt realy seem to be any reason to go to the Mess Hall's nor the CQ. It would be nice to be able to tweek your CQ with stuff bought or won threwout the different sectors. The Mess Hall would be nice to be able to plage a game or two against crew members. Would be nice to issue basic comands while sitting on your bridge.
Just feel like there should be alot of interaction when you are in your ship verses just a run to here and there to get "special" Reasearch things.
Commander
# 2
01-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centapeed View Post
I am wondering if and when STO will ever have these areas more playable. There doesnt realy seem to be any reason to go to the Mess Hall's nor the CQ. It would be nice to be able to tweek your CQ with stuff bought or won threwout the different sectors. The Mess Hall would be nice to be able to plage a game or two against crew members. Would be nice to issue basic comands while sitting on your bridge.
Just feel like there should be alot of interaction when you are in your ship verses just a run to here and there to get "special" Reasearch things.
The Bridge should have sophistifaction and functionality well beyond the Bridge Commander series of games.
Crewmembers should be more than just spontaneously-beamed-in holograms trying to look busy.
The ships interior should reflect its actual layout, size and crew complement.

And a million other things that will never, ever happen.

When they first added shipboard assignments you actually had to run around your ship to get them.
Nobody liked it, so we're left with just having to visit the interior for specific assignments that are either special or Cryptic forgot to add to the officers ("trolled roflmao xD xD xD" is what I imagine to have been the designers thoughts).
Ensign
# 3
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
What I find odd is they have an Engineering area, a Sickbay area... but no Security area. And a transporter room that makes the one on the Defiant look positively roomy! It's basically a closet with a transporter pad crammed in it!

Areas I'd love to see on your ship: Shuttle bay, Astrometrics, Jeffries Tubes in Engineering (c'mon folks, how many times in TOS was someone forced to crawl around one of those?), a Holodeck (just the blank grid-work room, usable as a Foundry launchpad), a Brig (possibly an offshoot of Security's area).
Commander
# 4
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
they are more of places to role play i think hang out with friends give something like the shows you wouldnt really want anything in your quarters besides what was invited....but commands i feel alot of people would like me included order your bridge officer to fly someplace then you watch on the viewer screen real time whats going on outside that would be good not sure when it'll get here but i got hope
Career Officer
# 5
01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
just give it up already this will never be bridge commander you will never command from the captain's chair be happy with what you have better interior for a lot of the TNG era ships are on the way according to Dsthal
Vice Admiral Lufia Rushu
Commander, R.R.W. Ravenclaw
"I would use my Legacy of Romulus title but everyone and their father use that"
Commander
# 6
01-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravanche View Post
What I find odd is they have an Engineering area, a Sickbay area... but no Security area. And a transporter room that makes the one on the Defiant look positively roomy! It's basically a closet with a transporter pad crammed in it!

Areas I'd love to see on your ship: Shuttle bay, Astrometrics, Jeffries Tubes in Engineering (c'mon folks, how many times in TOS was someone forced to crawl around one of those?), a Holodeck (just the blank grid-work room, usable as a Foundry launchpad), a Brig (possibly an offshoot of Security's area).
the jeffries tubes are on the enterprize bridge you can pop out all over the place its a tight fit so only 2 people at most theres a middle bit inside the tight fit more then 2 you kinda get nudged into walls only played in them once for a few minutes thro awhile back
EDIT there was also some cool interactive sounds on a lil com box on the wall thats used to contact the bridge you just gotta look around crew deck didnt visit much else just taking a peek

Last edited by loverofwars; 01-10-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
01-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
just give it up already this will never be bridge commander you will never command from the captain's chair be happy with what you have better interior for a lot of the TNG era ships are on the way according to Dsthal
I honestly think there is a way player bridges could happen. I have an idea that players could command their ship from the bridge and do it with others.

And there is a new Space MMO called Star Citizen, which is from the Wing Commander people, thats supposedly going just this - a ship flyable from the inside and with multiple players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centapeed View Post
Right now the only real reason to go in your ship's interior is some unique DOFF missions, like with the lounge area, you got the Chef and Bartender missions.

And with the poker table there, we were teased with the likelihood of players playing poker there, but I havn't heard anything in months.
Republic Veteran
# 8
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I honestly think there is a way player bridges could happen. I have an idea that players could command their ship from the bridge and do it with others.

And there is a new Space MMO called Star Citizen, which is from the Wing Commander people, thats supposedly going just this - a ship flyable from the inside and with multiple players.
I doubt cryptic can use other companies technology without at least paying for it, and I don't see that happening.

they have already stated that it will take a lot of time to do something like that, and would require a complete overhaul of the game.

As for this subject.... http://youtu.be/mAUY1J8KizU?t=3s
Career Officer
# 9
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I doubt cryptic can use other companies technology without at least paying for it, and I don't see that happening.

they have already stated that it will take a lot of time to do something like that, and would require a complete overhaul of the game.

As for this subject.... http://youtu.be/mAUY1J8KizU?t=3s
^this

And let me just add that an overhaul seems very unlikely given that the exchange has been broken for so very long with no hint of a repair. All they did was add new filters to the broken mess.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 10
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Where did I say Cryptic should use another company's technology?

I didn't.

All I said is that another company, one that's privately funded, is working to deliver on such a thing.

Quote:
No, there is a way Cryptic can pull it off without changing a single thing about STO. I just yet to find the words for a proposal.

What I have in mind would be what players wanted, to command a ship from the bridge and have it multiplayer. Downside is that it wouldn't allow you to fight in the current 3D space environment, so you couldn't take it into an STF or PvP.