Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lieutenant
Hi! I'm a Sci Captain. I'm still a Rear Admiral Lower Half at this point. I have been saving up my dilithium and buying zen with it, since zen is so cheap right now. What science vessel would you recommend for me to purchase with the zen?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Vesta bundle.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Captain
# 3
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
One of the Vesta variants unless you want to get the whole 3 pack for 5k zen. If you don't like the Vesta then any of the fleet science ships are better then the other z-store sci ships.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Vesta bundle.

You will not be disappoint.
Lieutenant
# 5
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Vesta. Or the intrepid retrofit. I've seen those things murder in PVP.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Captain
# 6
01-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiewooster View Post
Vesta. Or the intrepid retrofit. I've seen those things murder in PVP.
This Intrepid retro kicks.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 7
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Definitely go for the Vesta, the bundle if at all possible (if you don't get the bundle there will come a time when you wish you had another of the consoles or two, and it'll be more expensive then). The Aux DHCs are just superb, they give you a science ship that can do excellent weapon DPS while maxing out Aux power for its abilities.
Rihannsu
# 8
01-10-2013, 01:06 PM
The Vesta 3 pack is very good. Its consoles are actually useful. But don't get one get all of them. The Vesta is also very versatile, you can run it many combinations with its universal Lt. Commander and Ensign.

The Fleet Nebula is a great buy as well, not sure if its worth buying the C-Store version if you have only one character (unless you plan on getting more then buy the C-Store version 1st for the discount). The Fleet Nebula is the tankiest Sci ship in the game, and its universal slot allows for lots of flexibility. But its special console is garbage.

These two ships are the Sci ships that you don't have to run like a sci ship meaning you can run a ship like my Vesta which holds, disables then kills in PvP.

If you want a pure science ship then the Intrepid is great, I've seen it do tanking, and do crowd control like a champ. You can also get the Mirror Science ships on the exchange very cheap.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
# 9
01-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I have all the sci ships including the Vesta bundle. The bundle is all you need. Even with less hull the Vesta renders all previous sci ships obsolete.

The other option is carriers.
Chingachgook told me, Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense.

Last edited by tancrediiv; 01-10-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: See last sentence
Lieutenant
# 10
01-10-2013, 01:08 PM
vesta bundle. even has a hanger for some extra damage, which since your only a 3/3 weapon loadout. works quite well.