Captain
# 1 Free ship?
01-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Howdy fellow trekky fans,

I'm curious to know, when that free ship is going to be available which was spoken about here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=457021

quote: "The anniversary event will also offer a new special free ship for both Fed and Kdf players much like we gave away the Odyssey during last year's event. "

Anyone know ?

Still kind of new at star trek here.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-24-2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post

I'm curious to know, when that free ship is going to be available which was spoken about here:

quote: "The anniversary event will also offer a new special free ship for both Fed and Kdf players much like we gave away the Odyssey during last year's event. "

Anyone know ?

Probably during the anniversary event (STO went live on Feb 2nd, 2010)

Raptr profile
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:

Anyone know ?

Its going to be the Andorian Frigate of some sort. Stahl already mentioned this...

It will be the free version for us, the the C Store version of this ship later on some time.

Just like they did with the Oddessy Star Cruiser some time ago, then they released the C Store oddessy bundle later after the free one.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
Its going to be the Andorian Frigate of some sort. Stahl already mentioned this...
[...]
From all that I could read and conclude from screenshots and the like, it is not going to be the Andorian ship, but the Ambassador (and a Klingon version).

The Andorian ship will probably just be a normal C-Store vessel.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Career Officer
# 5
01-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:

Anyone know ?

Soon!™
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 6
01-24-2013, 01:14 AM
According to the information so far, the Ambassador comes in a C-Store T5 version and a free T3 "version". Guess which ship YOU'RE going to get? I wouldn't get too excited. What you get is not a ship. It shouldn't even be hauling garbage. It should be hauled away AS garbage.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
According to the information so far, the Ambassador comes in a C-Store T5 version and a free T3 "version". Guess which ship YOU'RE going to get? I wouldn't get too excited. What you get is not a ship. It shouldn't even be hauling garbage. It should be hauled away AS garbage.
idk where u r getting ur information from. but i havent read anything about one being free and one being c-store. that is all speculation. TBH it would b stupid to release the free ship at T3 since a good 90% of the player base is lvl 50 already.
*Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
*Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
*Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2013, 01:32 AM
The free ship will be the Kamarag class for the KDF and the Ambassador for the FEDs.

Last edited by auricius; 01-24-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
01-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auricius View Post
The free ship will be the Kamarag class for the KDF and the Ambassador for the FEDs.
^_^

Linky?
Click here to see the true story of the KDF and Cryptic!

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Commander
# 10
01-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Just look at the Jan 18, 2013 and the Jan 11, 2013 Friday Screenshots. It's a bit obvious that those will be the two anniversary freebies. Not confirmed, but pretty obvious.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.