Captain
# 21
12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
I know some people have left the 20 man star base defense because of the lag involved. It can almost ground to a halt at times.
Captain
# 22
12-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Maybe let the non level 50s come in at greater numbers to off set there low performance

Va.........=1
RA/uh/lh= 2
Cpt........=3
Cmdr........4
lt cmdr......5
Lt..............6

It would be like a star trek fleet action then would it not ?
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 23
12-27-2012, 08:32 AM
In this instance, the penalty is not the issue, the fact that you got pushed into a failed instance is.
So the obvious solution would be to stop putting people into failed instances, beyond the first objective.

I love the penalty... It's nessacary, required and should even be made harder if you ask me (exclusion from any team for at least 3 hours).

But there are flaws that makes the solution into a bigger issue... This is one of them.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 24
12-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I agree the leaver penalty should be changed: it should only cool-down while your character is in-game, similar to transwarp and the summon trade ship (Azura II) ability.
Career Officer
# 25
12-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
I agree the leaver penalty should be changed: it should only cool-down while your character is in-game, similar to transwarp and the summon trade ship (Azura II) ability.
What this usually does is further push above average and good players out of the queue and into private channels.

A leaver penalty with no penalty or way to deal with leeches or trolls is just bad design.

Career Officer
# 26
12-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
What this usually does is further push above average and good players out of the queue and into private channels.

A leaver penalty with no penalty or way to deal with leeches or trolls is just bad design.
Well of course if you're semi-decent you should not do the public Qs... it's too frustrating and unrewarding to deal with the unwashed masses! I hate pulling their weight when they bring their lolships into an elite STF and proceed to be terrible.
Career Officer
# 27
12-28-2012, 03:32 AM
I find the respawn timer FAR more annoying - I loathe respawning only to reappear, get one-shotted, and sit in respawn oblivion again with an increased time penalty.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 28
12-28-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Thanks for the clarity. If you feel this way, why even join? Assuming that you're a member of a fleet, perhaps it would be better to join as part of fleet only group. As it is, you're screwing anyone who stays in search of as close to a sure thing as you can get. I'd be willing to bet that you don't play it this fast and loose with a 1-hour CD as punishment, which is a major argument for penalties on ALL endgame maps. Saying that you're "better off" behaving this way is pure selfishness, and no better than leaving because things don't look good.

IMO, these maps were configured this way in a cheap-to-implement effort to give non-VA's a way to FM's. Penalties, with elite/normal versions would correct the situation for the good of all.

So let me see if i'm getting you straight here, I should join say blockade, get a team that is say 3/5 below level 50, and stay for the whole 15 minutes doing my best knowing damn well that if we get 10 freighters that will be a miracle. I'm not a selfish person, if i get a somewhat low dps team of VAs, or even a team with 1 lower rank, i will usually stick around. I am not however such a nice guy as to stick around with a blockade team that i know optimistically will get 30 marks, when i know if i leave and queue again and get a decent team I can easily get 70+ marks.

I do normally play with my fleet so this isn't an issue most of the time, but I do occasionally play solo and will always follow the policy I outlined. Like I said originally, make a VA only version, either same difficulty or harder and award more marks and call it elite, and then make a version for the rest of the players. Throw a leaver penalty on then and you'll get no argument from me.
Rihannsu
# 29
12-30-2012, 05:05 AM
All PvE queue missions where someone quitting screws over the other players should probably have some kind of leaver penalty. Maybe not STF-grade, but at the very least it should give you the same cooldown as completing the mission does. None of this "leave and queue again" nonsense.
Rihannsu
# 30
01-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Remember that when you re-log back into a STF from a server kick.
Usually the game will put you back into the STF after a disconnect and you won't get the penalty. But if you use the "safe mode," that doesn't put you back where you were, you get the penalty.