Ensign
# 31
01-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I'd like to add my vote for a way to flag/kick leechers, but the leaver penalty needs help too. I accepted an STF queue the other day, and while it was still looking for players, beamed between ESD and SFA. Apparently during my unusually long load time it filled the queue and started the instance, but left me out of it and slapped me with a 1h leaver penalty for abandoning an instance it never had me join. I admit it was stupid to change maps while queued queued, but it would be nice if said stupidity booted me from the queue rather than banning me for an hour just because of a slow map load.
Commander
# 32 STF Leaver Penalty
01-10-2013, 12:32 PM
The STF Leaver penalty needs some work as does the queue mechanic. Today I got stuck in an Elite STF with only two other people. That should not be possible. After that we fought it out for a few min and one my team members left understandably so. Now were left with a team of two so I finished the cube and left because there was no way we were gonna make any progress and I got hit with the leaver penalty.
Captain
# 33
01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes they need to stop giving leaver penalty when the group isn't full. I think it used to work that way before.
Career Officer
# 34
01-10-2013, 01:03 PM
The way it used to work:
----------------------------
Public Team: The first two people to leave got the STF leaver penalty. Any who left after that did not.

Private Instance (where you invite 4 others and launch the map yourself): Anyone can leave at any time with no penalty.
----------------------------

Now for Public teams, if you quit BEFORE 15 minutes have passed -- you get the STF Leaver penalty. Private Instances still are penalty free if you leave.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 35
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Also getting a alot of farmers now as more and more need the marks for rep.

they just sit at spawn point and collect their marks.

I can see why they made the loot drop on your location, but it makes farming soo easy that i swear instance of farming has risen massively.
Commander
# 36
01-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Farming is up, and as markets are moving things will get worse. The system will need more security, ie vote out means needs to be included.
Commander
# 37
01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
People said this a year ago.

Take a guess at what Cryptic did.
Lt. Commander
I hope I am not the first to bring this issue up as it's happened to me on a good few occasions now and it ruins the game for me to the extent that I cannot play....

The issue is this.

A few times now I have played the Elite Borg STF's and during these games someone has decided to leave the game, a minute or 2 later another guy leaves....

This now leaves 3 of us on an Elite STF trying to take down a gate transformer while dozens of Nanite spheres come trhough the gate and repair it.

3 People doing this is totally impossible.

We tried for as long as we could and we got it down to 28% and then suddenly 5 spheres came through the gate and rocketed over to us and withing a fraction of a second the transformer was back up to 100%

So...

Our only option was to leave as with the 3 of us it was IMPOSSIBLE. Not to mention we were all cruisers, Hehehe.

Upon leaving, we also recieved the ban which i find incredibly unfair as we had no intention of leaving the game had there been a full team.

i was the LAST one to leave and still I get the ban....

Is it not unfair to ban people this way ?

Can it not only apply to the first leaver ? And maybe the second leaver ?

Why punish evetryone for the actions of other people ?

It's now bonus time for the rep system which is why I was doing the Elite's but now it's been wrecked for me due to an unfair system, and now the time I had put aside to try and get some Omega marks to get the rest of my Borg kit is wasted....

And the worst part about all this ?

I now have to sit and watch TV with the girlfriend

Thanks for listening....
Captain
# 39
01-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Yes this need to be fixed, stop giving us leaver penalties when the group isn't full.

Unfortunatley the only way around this is to leave the STF after aroound 10-15 min has passed, not sure exactly how much time but I usually don't get penalties then. You can also let the STF fail, but thats not possible in infected.
Republic Veteran
# 40
01-12-2013, 12:09 PM
We need a voting system within STFs and other team events. If a majority vote yes, then the game is ended with no rewards and no penalties.