Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Please help us. I know it has been said before by others, but now it is just becoming a major annoyance!

People just enter PVP ques to obtain dilithium. They do not even proceed to move from spawn point and engage opposition throughout the whole match.

If dilithium rewards breed this type of selfish players, please remove dilithium from PVP missions in the short term. It only ruins gameplay for the rest who actually want to PVP.

Long term, associate it with the scoring mechanics. Winning team gets X amount, losing team gets Y amount provided they score points and not just sit at spawn points.

X reward should be significantly more than Y to breed the right mind set
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2012, 11:42 AM
umm....
based on how difficult it is to get an actual pvp match going, particularly at lower levels, i'd rather just leave the afk-ers alone. AT least with them i can get a pvp match in the first place.

besides, 2v2 and 2v3 are far more fun
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERLOURD
umm....
based on how difficult it is to get an actual pvp match going, particularly at lower levels, i'd rather just leave the afk-ers alone. AT least with them i can get a pvp match in the first place.

besides, 2v2 and 2v3 are far more fun
You serious??? Leave AFKers in the match? Hard to get PVP match going? Seems like you dont know how to use the queing mechanics!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2012, 12:06 PM
An easy way to solve the issue with Dilithium farmers in PVP would be to tie your personal score in the match to the amount of Dilithium you can earn from the match. No score, no Dilithium. Simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Afk’er on short range sensors captain

Sigh warp out leave him there

Defiantly need's some solution afk’ers infest the Ques.

<-- Is frustrated with art
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
It's really obnoxious watching the same name, night after night, further ruin the odds in matches. Does reporting them ever do any good?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
You serious??? Leave AFKers in the match? Hard to get PVP match going? Seems like you dont know how to use the queing mechanics!
dunno what game you're playing but queue times are no where near optimal for me. Perhaps you're counting when you set up matches with fleeties.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt21
dunno what game you're playing but queue times are no where near optimal for me. Perhaps you're counting when you set up matches with fleeties.
I get pops within minutes almost everytime!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
I get pops within minutes almost everytime!
then you must be the luckiest panda ever, 5-10 minutes minimum, 15-20 on the long end. I can actually queue and finish other dailys before it pops.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Just hoping that whatever PvP updated dstahl alluded to in one of his posts will address this issue. Dilithium rewards should be based on participation (damage, shield/hull healing other players, debuffing enemies, etc.) rather than mere attendance. Reward the good PvP players, or the people who at least try, and not the people who just sit around for a hand-out.