Captain
# 41
01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
A toy car is cool. But I would really appreciate having a floor, or a ceiling, or a transporter pad.
Starfleet Veteran
# 42
01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Updates to "The New Link" mission:
  • The changeling boss, Laas, now uses the updated changeling combat sequence.
  • When you defeat Laas, you must capture him and place him in a container to complete the mission.
    • This is noted with a new mini-contact.
  • Updated Lamat'ukan to use a minicontact when he is defeated, instead of a system message.
  • The New Link no longer places characters into combat mode just by stepping into it, but it does cause them to be slowed.
Why wasn't the mission tweeked so we wouldn't be killing innocent Jem'Hadar eggs?

Quote:
Foundry:
  • Added new interior detail objects:
    • Wall Intercom - TOS
    • Tapestry - Night Scene
    • Console - TOS Table 01
    • Vase - TOS 01
    • Vase - TOS 02
    • Statue - TOS 01
    • Decor - TOS Jeep
    • Generator - TOS 01
    • Consoles - Federation TOS Ship 01
  • Added new NPC Groups:
    • Species M-113 - ground
    • Tholian EV Suit - ground
    • Tholian - space
Nice, but where are the missing ships?

Quote:
Tricobalt Mines updated:
  • The damage dealt by Tricobalt Mine Explosions have been reduced by 10% across-the-board.
  • The damage variance of Tricobalt Mine Explosions has been reduced from 20% to 5%.
    • This will lead to more predictable damage - fewer highs, fewer lows.
  • The stealth value on Tricobalt Mines has been reduced by approximately 25%.
    • This should allow them to be seen from about 1k further than previous.
Why just not revert it to the previous single Tricobalt mine than nerfing the explosive power? Because nobody had an issue with it before the change where multiple mines spawn with the Pattern ability.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 43
01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I understand that it's important not to outline hard rules about what qualifies lest people game the system, but do you realize how demoralizing it is to spend days or weeks putting together a mission, beg/borrow/steal people to play the thing, and have it languish in 'NOT ELIGIBLE' oblivion with absolutely no idea what you can do to change things?

My first mission finally qualified sometime in the last day. But for a week it was sitting at 12-16 plays, 30-60 minute playtime (if the search is at all accurate), and it wasn't eligible. No idea whether it would just take time to process, or if I had done something wrong, or ... ...

My second mission doesn't qualify, which I assume is due to only 4 plays. I guess?
I have said this elsewhere, but number of plays/reviews is one of the factors. I hope this is unsurprising, as it's at least slightly more difficult to exploit this way.
Empire Veteran
# 44
01-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Corrected energy types on Adapted Mk XII MACO and KHG weaponry to match up with their visual FX.
Sorry to barge into the foundry discussion, but am I reading this right? 2 The adapted sets will now have the same energy type as the regular stf sets?

If so I now have a useless sniper rifle for each faction. What a waste...
Captain
# 45
01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
I have said this elsewhere, but number of plays/reviews is one of the factors. I hope this is unsurprising, as it's at least slightly more difficult to exploit this way.
Can you tell us what the number is, so that we know how many people to beg to play our missions while getting no rewards? Or should we just beg and beg until the mission somehow counts?
Captain
# 46
01-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Oh, and while we're talking about Foundry, I'd LOVE more primitives -- sphere, cone (up, down, side), maybe a few more size discs/blocks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
01-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post

Ships:
  • The Vesta and its variants now properly display set piece shield FX correctly on all ship parts.
  • Updated the following ships so their textures display correctly:
    • Steamrunner
    • Aeon
    • Wells
    • Mobius

A welcome fix. No one else may have commented on this fix but it's definitely appreciated by me.

Now please apply the Vesta fix to the ring of the D'kyr.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
01-10-2013, 06:17 PM
any chance of the mirror skin unlock for the foundry? for those of us fromthe mirror universe? (mirror skin for ship costumes)
Career Officer
# 49
01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Items linked in chat now correctly display their color when first displayed, instead of requiring mouseover.
Thanks for not forgetting this UI team.

p.s. foundry assets barely hit and mostly miss yet again. INTERNS PLZ
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 50
01-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
A welcome fix. No one else may have commented on this fix but it's definitely appreciated by me.

Now please apply the Vesta fix to the ring of the D'kyr.
I second this...

Welcome back Devs and keep it coming. 2013 is starting off great.
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...