Survivor of Romulus
# 61
01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
The Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher no longer triggers the cooldown reduction procs of Projectile Weapons Duty Officers.

the problem was that it was always trying to fire an empty mag.....now i cant use my projectile doffs with it?!?!?! that sucks -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 62
01-11-2013, 12:04 AM
If you're adding enemy groups to the Foundry, could we please have a Dominion only faction and a Cardassian only factions in space? The True way mixes the two and it makes a mess of things if you want to have either only Dominion or Cardassian enemies.

I'm not sure how these factions are handled, but maybe you can just copy the True Way NPC groups and then delete the Cardassian ships or Jem'Hadar ships, respectively.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 63
01-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Thank you for adding the tholians. that means i can start making some new missions

there is a slight problems

there are no tholian costumes to go with the mobs. so you can add a straight tholian mob just fine but you cant then reskin another actor to look like a tholian (ie a fed ship to look tholian as an ally). or to reskin a contact if you just want to talk to them.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 64
01-11-2013, 01:19 AM
Quote:

Corrected energy types on Adapted Mk XII MACO and KHG weaponry to match up with their visual FX.
Another phaser weapon? Oh great.

So we cannot use it anymore with the maco set. We cannot even give the full adapted set to one of our boffs when doing the borg story missions. Whats the point in anti-borg gear that can only be used when fighting anyone but borg?

I'm a little frustrated now. Please do more testing and make these changes if you must before they go live and before we grind for marks to get them.

Please consider leaving the erergy type as it is now and changing the visual fx.

Last edited by nithanath; 01-11-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 65
01-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Quote:
The Reward, Challenge, and Players filters in the PvE windows now start with all the options checked.
Why was this change made? Now, in order to filter down to the missions I want, I have to UNCHECK a relatively large number of boxes, rather than what I currently do on Holodeck, which is check 2 boxes. How was this considered to be a good change? It's more work for the same result.

Please consider rolling back this change.
Captain
# 66
01-11-2013, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Foundry:
  • Added new interior detail objects:
    • Wall Intercom - TOS
    • Tapestry - Night Scene
    • Console - TOS Table 01
    • Vase - TOS 01
    • Vase - TOS 02
    • Statue - TOS 01
    • Decor - TOS Jeep
    • Generator - TOS 01
    • Consoles - Federation TOS Ship 01
  • Added new NPC Groups:
    • Species M-113 - ground
    • Tholian EV Suit - ground
    • Tholian - space
This is great, but could we also have these please.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Lieutenant
# 67
01-11-2013, 04:32 AM
I only have one thing to add to this nice set of changes to try out... HATS! The closest thing we have to a "hat" is a helmet from Omega/MACO/KHG or the space suits. We need a fedora in this game bad to go with the formal outfit. Picard fans will understand.
Career Officer
# 68
01-11-2013, 04:48 AM
On the whole a great patch but......

Significantly increased the damage of the Kinetic Cutting Beam, but drastically reduced the damage and crew damage of the combo with the Assimilated Tractor Beam.

It's damage was fine before, the idea of additional damage with the tractor beam was taken directly from canon, the TNG episode Q Who where the Enterprise is "sliced up like a roast". To remove this damage is quite frankly ridiculous. Keep the cooldown the same and leave the damage the same, if you have to, I'd sooner use something occasionally that is going to make ma go "wow" than something more often that makes me think "meh", it ruins the "FUN".

Updated the names of both Adapted Mk XII Ground Weapons to reflect the correct damage types.
Corrected energy types on Adapted Mk XII MACO and KHG weaponry to match up with their visual FX.

All I can say is I'm glad I finished the IGE optional last night because this totally sucks. What you mean now is, you spent your dil on grinding out your gear and now we are going to make it useless so please spend more dil and buy the OMEGA Carbine if you want to use STF gear on STFs, or use a Non STF pulswave for STFs because guess what STF gear does not work in STFs due to the Borg's ability to adapt to your weapon energy type. A point that is ridiculous also because why would each weapon of same energy type be on the same frequency modulation? This whole area needs some thought to get right and it's not rocket science. Either allow adaption to the weapon not energy type or give us a different energy type as it currently stands.
Captain
# 69
01-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
It's damage was fine before, the idea of additional damage with the tractor beam was taken directly from canon, the TNG episode Q Who where the Enterprise is "sliced up like a roast". To remove this damage is quite frankly ridiculous. Keep the cooldown the same and leave the damage the same, if you have to, I'd sooner use something occasionally that is going to make ma go "wow" than something more often that makes me think "meh", it ruins the "FUN".
It's making the cutting beam less of a niche build. Prior to the change, if you werent using a 3-piece borg set the cost of the cutting beam was not worth what you got (not saying it wasn't a viable weapon, but the dilith cost versus say a fleet turret or some other weapon did not justify using the cutting beam in most instances). Coupled with the reduced CD on the tractor beam, it was necessary.
Career Officer
# 70
01-11-2013, 06:15 AM
"Corrected energy types on Adapted Mk XII MACO and KHG weaponry to match up with their visual FX."

= MACO Sniper + Adapted MACO Pulswave are now BOTH PHASER?
and therefore useless to be used together vs. borg because they are addapting to it at the same time?

I know its a FED weapon and it shoots yellow (orange?), but this is directly gimping gameplay when you want to use both items.

No thx, plz keep the Adapted Maco a different than Phaser Damage type.

Or give it a Phaser proc but let it run on a different frequency than the Phaser, those 2 should not cancel each other out.

Same with the KDF Disruptors i guess (did not test).

Also kinda related issue the 3 KDF Fleet Disruptor *Machinegun* variants fire Phaser FX (they shoot yellow) but do Disruptor Damage, please swap out the FX to the green one, thanks.