Commander
# 11
01-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Sorry, OP, but what you suggested will not improve the situation I think.

The problem is this:
People will make new farming missions to take advantage of this.
Now you can afk for one hour in a Foundry mission and actually earn more than before!

Previously people had to check back at least every 15 minutes and then wait for cooldown/switch characters etc. - which is more work than simply afking for one hour straight - 0 effort - and be paid even more than before.

Don't misunderstand, tho:
I like the idea of scaleable rewards - but you need another mechanism to determine the size of the reward but time.

He's dead, Jim.
Commander
# 12
01-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
Sorry, OP, but what you suggested will not improve the situation I think.

The problem is this:
People will make new farming missions to take advantage of this.
Now you can afk for one hour in a Foundry mission and actually earn more than before!

Previously people had to check back at least every 15 minutes and then wait for cooldown/switch characters etc. - which is more work than simply afking for one hour straight - 0 effort - and be paid even more than before for it.
That would happen if they just applied the mission change, but I'm sure there are ways around this.

For example, put a marker in the game that recognises when you are running into a wall (i.e. moving but character location isn't changing, or is only changing in such a way to follow the lengh of the wall). This takes away the ability for people to use autorun to make it look like they are at the keyboard. After that, it is a case of waiting until a player is flagged as afk, and stopping the reward timer then. This should be entirely possible to program.
Lieutenant
# 13
01-13-2013, 11:00 AM
I think it's a sad state of affairs that so many folks are caught up in the "what's in it for me!" vortex of being so focused on the "reward" aspect of the game that they fail to see the art and science that our authors attempt to convey with their efforts. I for one, appreciate the time, energy and creativity that our fellow players put forth to enhance our gaming experience. Thanks and kudos, guys!