Lt. Commander
# 1 Good Dil making habits
01-11-2013, 03:30 AM
What's a good way to do it. I have 11 toons and I suppose I could make at least 1440x11=15840 a day, doing either Explore Strange New Worlds, or We need Breathing Room, very time consuming though, and I'd only to make, about 150, or 160 zen a day doing this.

Fleet actions seem to be the way to go, and ideally you'd want all your toons to be VA level 50 or the highest General Rank to get all of them. But, this would also take forever, I have one VA right now, and the highest ranking Alt I have is Lt Commander.

Can you recommend a good level I could get them to, say when he will have 3-4 fleet actions he can do? If I could get all my toons to have 3, I could alternate, work on another toon while the others are having their fleet action timers cool down.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-11-2013, 03:38 AM
Dilith farming is never a good idea

but you might find the mirror incursion and foundry missions are your best options
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Dilith farming is never a good idea

but you might find the mirror incursion and foundry missions are your best options
I've just been told that, the KDF enemy empires ones give you 1440 dil each, but if this is one of them, it doesn't- according to the wiki

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Empi...ian_Aggression
Commander
# 4
01-11-2013, 03:51 AM
For Explore Strane New Worlds, get a team of three players, and each person take Diplomatic Investigation (Delta Volanis), Explore the Delta Volanis Cluster, and Explore Strange New Worlds.

Do each of the diplomatic missions in turn, and even with stopping to collect the samples in the maps, that would be Explore done in 10 minutes, with 300 Diplomacy xp as an added bonus.
Commander
# 5
01-11-2013, 04:50 AM
On KDF you grab a high dps ship and do "investigate officer reports", then the 4 empire defense missions, then "investigate officer reports" again (you could do it a third time right in the middle of the empire defense runs, after finishing two).

That's 7680 dilithium and takes roughly 90 minutes (excluding the third investigation).

Elite STFs work fine, too, altho they're slightly slower most of the time - if you're lucky you can finish 8 of them within 90 minutes, too, tho - which would be roughly equivalent - but you have to periodically switch characters and do space only.

He's dead, Jim.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-11-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Captain
# 6
01-11-2013, 05:02 AM
One of Season 7's goals was to "normalize" Dilithium earning on an account/time basis. Instead of having "concentrated" dilithium sources (2880 from 15 minutes of work then hours to make 5.2k), the newer system is geared to give out 8k over a steady 3-4 hour time investment...

Therefore, "traditional" dil farming is pretty much dead, as there is little benefit to sending 11 alts through one spot to earn gobs of dilithium, instead, the system is geared to pay approximately the same to 11 alts as it would to 2-3 spending the same amount of time in action...

With that said, if you really want to maximize dilithium earnings through massive repetition of one or two activities, you're gonna want to look at the two major "easy" payouts - Infected Space Elite and the DOff mission "turn in contraband"...

ISE is 960 Dil + periodic turning in of excess marks and BNPs, for 10-15 minutes of "work". Done 3 times in an hour (3 separate toons once maxed via Mirror Incursion) = 2,880+ per hour's play.

What makes "turn in contraband" so appealing is that since it's normally an "only one instance of TiC running at a given time" mission, 11 alts = 11 "concurrent" turn-ins. What makes this method time intensive is gathering up (in your case) 55 contraband to run the cycle - though with enough study you could maybe find ways to do this on a daily basis with 2-3 KDF officers...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 7
01-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
I've just been told that, the KDF enemy empires ones give you 1440 dil each, but if this is one of them, it doesn't- according to the wiki

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Empi...ian_Aggression
The wiki's wrong. All of them (Kahless, T'kanis, ChoS, and Yan) give 1,440 dil per completion.
You'll also sometimes get The Most Dangerous Game - Space at the same time, so that'll be an additional 480.

I find one of the best dilithium earners for the KDF is contraband. Go marauding with your DOffs, and hand the contraband to your fed characters so they can get dil from the security kitty.
Career Officer
# 8
01-11-2013, 07:06 AM
I think the trick is the x11 characters.

Do the Academy mission for 480 and setup Doff missions at the Academy. You'll need a good source of Doffs to be really successful. Aim for Crits, but you'll need really good Doffs for that.
Captain
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
On KDF you grab a high dps ship and do "investigate officer reports", then the 4 empire defense missions, then "investigate officer reports" again (you could do it a third time right in the middle of the empire defense runs, after finishing two).
What level do they have to be to do those? Looks like those are part of a chain actually.

Quote:
Elite STFs work fine, too, altho they're slightly slower most of the time - if you're lucky you can finish 8 of them within 90 minutes, too, tho - which would be roughly equivalent - but you have to periodically switch characters and do space only.
I've tried doing a few elites, people really need to know what they're doing, on Infected Manus, we've failed a few times, (doing a public STF) Kimberly killed us all and it sucks that if you all die you have to destroy the shield generator again, disable all the shields, upload the viruses, so I'm guessing this is why people drop out of it.