Captain
# 11
01-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
With more ground maps appearing in the pipeline, i would think that its a right time to start talking about a ground vehicle..like the Argo
Have you seen what Champions has done with their vehicles?

Lockboxes and C-store.

Every.

Single.

One.

And you bet your arse STO will do the exact same thing.
Career Officer
# 12
01-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
what about a segway?
hehe

I had too

RachelJ88
Here's an idea:

STAP
Captain
# 13
01-11-2013, 09:58 AM
The problem i see with ground vehicles/mounts is, that there is no need to have them,.. at all.

Short of giving roleplayers some new toys (i dont mind that) its just a dead end project in my eyes.

Maps in STO are generally small/contained, and the bigger ones usually warrant a reason AGAINST having a vehicle

the two examples i remember being brought up last time i saw request regarding argo and other GVs (ground vehicles from this point on), were the map from 'coliseum' and 'Cure Ground,' in coliseum you are snatched up from your ship/transporter beam/derelict station and plopped into the middle of no where, a vehicle there would make no sense, and cure ground would need LOTS of changing just so a GV can be implemented (difficulty/optional etc)

I can see if GVs do get introduced they will likely become the shuttle of ground missions, used so sporadically and getting so little use out of them, they might as well not be in game possessions, rather just statically part of a mission such as the BoP from the doomsday mission/ runabout from the KDF prision break mission(s)
[Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.

Last edited by elandarksky; 01-11-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Captain
# 14
01-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Please, God! No.

The Argo was the best example of jumping the shark in Star Trek that I know of.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Career Officer
# 15
01-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Have you seen what Champions has done with their vehicles?
Wait, since when has CO had vehicles?

Especially since almost everybody can fly...

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Captain
# 17
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Wait, since when has CO had vehicles?

Especially since almost everybody can fly...
Since Cryptic decided it would be brilliant to create content where the only way to adequately participate is to gamble on lockboxes or drop money on c-store items.
Career Officer
# 18
01-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Last time I was on CO they were just rolling in their Dil-equivalent. I should have a hefty stipend built up by now, hmm...

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Republic Veteran
# 19
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
In Federation news, traffic jams to the exchange are at a stand still and seem to be a 3 hour wait...we will take a look from chopper Dan's traffic report.

Chopper Dan here, as you can see traffic is at a stand still, as we see all the cars in line waiting for access to the exchange. OH MY GOD!! there appears to be a pile up at the bank, it seems the vehicles don't fit in the small space, oh the humanity i count 30 captains all stuck together...this was not a good idea...back to you at the station

Well Dan thank you for the report, we will take a break, and come back on our segment, Gorns are they really so Gornny

He's really not dead... as long as we remember him - Leonard McCoy
Survivor of Romulus
# 20 My Nemesis Inspired sand rail
01-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I wish i could build this in game i could finally put that phaser turret i always wanted on it...8D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzEFoF4eyq8

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube