Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 21
01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Sniper rifles.

Not the most exciting things in the world, but they're useful in basically every mission, allow you to do damage without aggroing everything, and turns "Starbase Incursion" into a cakewalk.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Rihannsu
# 22
01-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Most of my characters have either a Compression Pistol or a High Density beam rifle plus a pulsewave as backup.

My characters with the complete MACO have the MACO Sniper rifle and either a HDBR or PW.

Sometimes I'll use the full auto rifle on fast moving enemies like Tholians.

On my main character who does the most ground STFs things can be situational so I'll store extra weapons like the Lirpa and the Ghostbusters gun on a Boff just in case.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 23
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Sniper rifles. For non Borg, a fleet elite full auto or minigun is quite nice.
----
Empire Veteran
# 24
01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
If and when they give it to us on Holodeck: Plasma Flamethrower.

'Nuff said.

Rihannsu
# 25
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Bat'leth - but y'know - the real Bat'leths, not the Nano ones I'm seeing a lot in ground STFs at the moment *sigh*

Note to those using Nano-melee weapons - you use a melee weapon because it bypasses the shields - Nano-Pulse weapons *don't*
If your team is shooting at your target, it doesn't matter. The shields will drop before the target dies either way.

My faves:
Various melee weapons, I use Nanos a lot but also tholian crystal and a few others
Full auto, primary fire is range 30, secondary is less, They have DPS almost as high as a pulsewave and are a very versatile weapon. Works quite well paired with melee.
I sometimes use sniper rifles
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 26
01-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I use the Jem"Hadar Beam Pistol with anti-coagulant ammo. It is actually pretty good for a mission reward weapon. It's pretty much a mini high density beam rifle.
I LOVE the rifle, but it needs some fleety or MK XI love, and the ammo should be a bit higher

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Captain
# 27
01-11-2013, 04:59 PM
My KDF characters have to have the HG pulsewave equiped so they either use a Sniper rifle or Blast assault as a secondary weapon. I think the blast assault is highly underated, it has a great secondary attack but with a long cooldown so I often follow up a a ambushed buffed grenade with the blast assault attack then switch back to the pulsewave right after.

On the Fed side I have to have the MACO rifle equiped so I don't have much choice in secondary weapon, a pulsewave.

Its to much trouble to have different weapons for STFs and non STF stuff, so I just keep the same STF gear equiped always, works great.
Captain
# 28
01-11-2013, 05:17 PM
High Density Beam rifle-the M-14 of the STO world-it's got near-sniper-rifle reach, with some ability to 'push' a target (say, that Drone standing next to the edge in Rebecca's room in Infected ground) a few steps over/back depending on your angle.

for even GREATER heresy, the HDB in question was picked up during season 6, is one of the old Omega weapons, and is plasma. (Oh, the Horrors!!). It's funny watching Borg taking "Skin" damage faster than they lose shields...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Lieutenant
# 29
01-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Hmmm... ground weapons.

Photon Grenades. Then Plasma Grenades. Stun Grenades if needed.

Smoke Grenades are useless.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-11-2013, 05:39 PM
I prefer the high density beam bc: 1) it's got good range and dps, 2) it's hecka bunch of fun to vaporize on exploit and 3) I always liked the single continuous beam rifles on the earlier shows instead of the more "burst" rifles in the later shows and movies.

Elite Fleet Phaser HDB is beast.