Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
# 1 Where is Porthos?
01-11-2013, 07:25 AM
Scotty mentioned that he had a little transporter accident with Admiral Archer's beagle. So, has anyone seen a stray dog on their travels? Answers to the name Porthos, likes cheese, seems strangely at home on a starship.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 2
01-11-2013, 07:26 AM
1) Different timelines

2) Beagles don't live three hundred years.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 486
# 3
01-11-2013, 07:32 AM
There's nothing saying it couldn't have happened in both timelines. And considering what happened to Erickson's son, there could be a way that Porthos (or his successor) could have been preserved in some sort of subspace domain.

Not to say it's likely, but if they come out with a set of lobi pets that are all transporter duplicates of Porthos, there's enough for a story to be made up explaining it
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,750
# 4
01-11-2013, 07:41 AM
it would have been another beagle after porthos, so probably not called porthos. even if their life spans increased they only live for about 10-15 years or so.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 622
# 5
01-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
it would have been another beagle after porthos, so probably not called porthos. even if their life spans increased they only live for about 10-15 years or so.
Evolution I tells ya!!! Galaxy of the Beagles!!.

"Get your stinking paws off me ya damned dirty dogs!!!"
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,424
# 6
01-11-2013, 07:48 AM
the beagle has evolved ? :O

hide the cheese!!!!... catitians... its time to climb a tree!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 724
# 7
01-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp26 View Post
Scotty mentioned that he had a little transporter accident with Admiral Archer's beagle. So, has anyone seen a stray dog on their travels? Answers to the name Porthos, likes cheese, seems strangely at home on a starship.
I'm not a cat fan but if we have Caitians in STO where are the Canines? Chewbacca looks like a dog but I'm sure that on that timeline there would be at least dogs either evolved to something else or at least better companions than epohhs
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
# 8
01-11-2013, 08:18 AM
In the book/script he reappears at the end i don't believe it was filmed.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 307
# 9
01-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
I'm not a cat fan but if we have Caitians in STO where are the Canines? Chewbacca looks like a dog but I'm sure that on that timeline there would be at least dogs either evolved to something else or at least better companions than epohhs
Breen are assumed to be caniform, I think - but no one knows for sure.

He's dead, Jim.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,982
# 10
01-11-2013, 08:41 AM
What about these guys ?

The Anticans would probably be a member of the Federation by now.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 AM.