Rihannsu
# 11
01-11-2013, 09:47 AM
I thought it had been established that Le'Cutest of Beagle was now the bet of Ensign Mary Amethyst Star Enoby Archer Picard Janeway Sue.
Captain
# 12
01-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
What about these guys ?

The Anticans would probably be a member of the Federation by now.
Not really sure since the episode ends with them eating one of the reptilian emissary. And even for Starfleet, I'm pretty sure they weren't able to make peace between the 2 species.
Captain
# 13
01-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
What about these guys ?

Oh yeah, those dudes. I think they could make a cool neutral race that both sides can pick.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 14
01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Not really sure since the episode ends with them eating one of the reptilian emissary. And even for Starfleet, I'm pretty sure they weren't able to make peace between the 2 species.
They don't have to be at peace with each other to be members of the federation, look at the Vulcans & Andorians...

I doubt there was any love loss between the two of them, when they became members.

they just have to Not Be fighting each other.

The incident between the Anticans & the Selay was what... like 60 years ago in the STO time-line...?

Why would that still be relevant?
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
There's nothing saying it couldn't have happened in both timelines. And considering what happened to Erickson's son, there could be a way that Porthos (or his successor) could have been preserved in some sort of subspace domain.

Not to say it's likely, but if they come out with a set of lobi pets that are all transporter duplicates of Porthos, there's enough for a story to be made up explaining it
Agreed - after all, how long was Scotty kept alive and in the pattern buffer in that TNG episode (name escapes me atm)?

A "transporter incident" could easily explain Porthos turning up in any timeline, at any time. Even if he turned up at the end in the book, he could have an incident later.

I don't "do" vanity pets much, since they take up too much inventory space, but for Porthos, I might make an exception.

Would even be cool to have a DOff chain with missions figuring out what happened to him, and a final Engineering step requiring Transporter Officers that rewards a Porthos DOff. I'd love to see a couple of new traits added for him - like Loyal or Sociable.

To fit into the existing specialities, he could be an Ultra-Violet rarity "Entertainer"-with Founder of the Federation, Congenial, Peaceful, Teamwork. Maybe Tactful for Fed(?) and Aggressive for KDF(?)-Tactful is a stretch, but a case could be made for it on the Fed side. I feel like Porthos on a KDF ship would probably be aggressive towards the crew. With those traits, it would make him an awesome support DOff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
01-11-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
Agreed - after all, how long was Scotty kept alive and in the pattern buffer in that TNG episode (name escapes me atm)?

It was "Relics".
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
He shifted to the Mirror JJ verse where he is currently serving as Captain of the USS Beagle
(A research ship doing experiments on humans)
Career Officer
# 18
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM
While Porthos the 8th (or 9th) might've been part of a transporter "experiment" in the JJ Universe, I could see Cryptic making a single event mission where we run into a beagle on some alien planet. And this is their way of introducing Beagle pets in STO.

Now the question is how is the beagle introduced? A planet that gave longevity and you found the same dog that was lost over 160 years ago? The beagle finding alien life and somehow reproduced beagles? Aliens finding the beagle and making clones?

So many possibilities, providing Cryptic could get permission to use the alternate reality's plot.

Quote:
What about these guys ?

Haha yep!

Be nice if Cryptic gave us more alien species or unlocked alien parts like snouts, tails, and such.
Commander
# 19
01-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I'd love to see a mission where at the end a Porthos Boff is given to you. A Purple ground only Boff with great traits and skills that are unchangable.

Hunting dog :sensor scan, Porthos can detect cloaked enemies.

My dog makes me feel better: Medical triquarter 1

Fetch: Combat supplies

Sick 'em : Motion accellerator