Lt. Commander
# 1 Plasmonic Leech & Advice.
09-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Is this console worth getting?

I'm going to build a beam boat soon, Already purchased Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit.

Also can I please have recommendations on the best beam weapons for this?

Maybe Advanced Antiproton Mk XII Beam arrays [Acc]x3 [Dmg]x3?

I dont really play PvP, I play alot of PVE, thats not to say if I get a good enough beam boat made I may start playing PVP

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-03-2013, 03:12 AM
clear yes, along with 6-9 skill points in flow caps
Captain
# 3
09-03-2013, 03:25 AM
disruptors are widely considered the best weapon type, and the best mods would be ACC followed by crtH.
If you happen to have vast amounts of dilithium and already T5 romulan faction grinded up, go for the romulan disruptors with either acc or crth mod.

plasmonic leech is worth ever EC you spend...had it on all my klingon toons, and when it came out as a lockbox drop i got 3 for my fed toons aswell, even without flow caps skilled it rocks.
But be aware of one thing, the maco shield proc combined with the plasmonic leech proc do not stack. Get a elite fleet resiliant shield in that case, it is better anyway.
Go pro or go home
Rihannsu
# 4
09-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Disruptor is good, very good indeed. However there are more interesting weapon types out there. Polaron with flow caps makes a very powerful drain build. You will get through enemies quicky and it's also very interesting to start with pvp. Here you can read about someone's findings of Polaron: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=577981
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-03-2013, 04:30 AM
Thanks people

Given me a few things to consider, However I am going to invest in the Leech

Can I put disruptors on a fed ship then? wasn't sure if they went on romulan/Klingon ships only?

Last edited by cyberpunk1977; 09-03-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-03-2013, 05:47 AM
Sure, you can put disruptors on anything. Energy types aren't bound by faction as a rule. The exception being elite fleet weapons, Feds get phasers and KDF get disruptors. But you can totally load up your Feds with advanced fleet disruptors or stuff off the exchange no problem.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 7
09-03-2013, 06:24 AM
It's a lot to ask for, but if you can get Spiral Wave Disruptors ... KAPOW, right in the kisser.

<-- <3 Spiral Wave
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 8
09-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Only thing with factions is what the special weapons/abilities on C-Store ships tend to use. For example the Andorian ship's wing cannons are phaser (Fed), the Guramba's javelin is disruptor (KDF), and the Daeinos' lotus is plasma (Rom). So, since these special weapons benefit from their respective energy type Tactical consoles, it encourages you to match the other weapons on the ship with that energy type. If you aren't using a ship with such a weapon, or just aren't planning to use the special weapon, you can put whatever energy type you want on there. Just make sure to fill your Tactical console slots with the matching damage boosting console for that type (ex: Disruptor Induction Coils).
Rihannsu
# 9
09-03-2013, 01:15 PM
I personally use the nanite Disruptors from the Tal Shiar lock boxes. Love them!
A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
"Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
Captain
# 10
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
Sure, you can put disruptors on anything. Energy types aren't bound by faction as a rule. The exception being elite fleet weapons, Feds get phasers and KDF get disruptors. But you can totally load up your Feds with advanced fleet disruptors or stuff off the exchange no problem.
Fleet weapons and gear from the Exchange?

Ok, I never really looked for them either..