Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Commander
# 11
02-01-2013, 06:33 AM
The effects aren't different colours, just the icon.

And when you use it, it stops you shooting things, regenerates a prtion of your health depending on how many targets you've hit with it, and in STFs is useful against mobs of low end Borg up to, I believe, Tacticals. Heavies and Elites will still take damage, but they won't be held.
Captain
# 12
02-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Ah ok.. thanks !
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Ensign
I wish they would bring this back I did not join until March. I would really like to get this because I want to build my toon around both of these but kinda hard when they take stuff off like this.
Commander
# 14
08-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcane4 View Post
I wish they would bring this back I did not join until March. I would really like to get this because I want to build my toon around both of these but kinda hard when they take stuff off like this.
The featured Series was replayed again I believe when the expansion launched in May. They usually do it twice a year so it'll probably be brought back in December during the winter event.

Oh, and for the record, the mods don't like it when you necro post in a thread. (it's older than 30 days.)
Captain
# 15
09-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Besides the color of the icon and binding, is there any difference between the two? i've got the blue versions of each from the first runs, but over all i didn't even know there were purple or orange versions. What's the difference between the three?
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
09-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Besides the color of the icon and binding, is there any difference between the two? i've got the blue versions of each from the first runs, but over all i didn't even know there were purple or orange versions. What's the difference between the three?
The only difference is the colour when you link it into the chatbox. Functionally, they are identical.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Captain
# 17
09-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
The only difference is the colour when you link it into the chatbox. Functionally, they are identical.
that makes no sense then, to have 3 different versions with no difference than the icon color
Empire Veteran
# 18
09-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
that makes no sense then, to have 3 different versions with no difference than the icon color
IIRC, when they first came out there were no orange "unique" items. They updated the icons to distinguish between true unique items and however the item was shown as before.