Captain
# 111
01-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
That said, if the 2nd anniversary is any indication, the free ship will most likely be a let down. I am guessing the "free" ship will be something of a preview ship, with stats being ok, but not whatever everyone is hoping or expecting. With the eventual C-store release being more closer to what Cryptic (and hopefully the playerbase) images the Ambassador being. Like they did with the Odyssey-class.
I agree. The "free" version will probably be comparable to the Tier 5 Dilithium ships (i.e. lacking the 10th console, special ability, and with slightly weaker stats all around), while the C-store version will be the premium one.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Career Officer
# 112
01-12-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm perfectly fine with the Ambassador coming as default without the torpedo launcher being more obvious. As long as both the free and C-store variant come with more that one material type from which to choose. If a type can offer variant deflector dishes than why not offer one which includes the aft and forward torpedo launchers in the spirit in which the original designer intended. Even if the canon model was finished without them.

I felt similarly with regard to the Nebula-class science ship. Despite the default design offering shielded impulse engines, I still want a material type to offer red illumination anyway.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Career Officer
# 113
01-12-2013, 12:58 AM
I hope that we'll be able to access the Yamaguchi style parts as well. It's that later refit that really says "Ambassador Class" to me. http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...ambassador.htm
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Republic Veteran
# 114
01-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
K'Vort: WANT!

I can haz K'Vort plz?
No K'Vort...you get new ship

Career Officer
# 115
01-12-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The art team did extensive research on the base model of the Enterprise-C, including looking at official IP sources. The images they saw did not have escape pods on the underside of the saucer (and *I* don't think there is a torpedo launcher, either, as Azurian pointed out). If there are any canon resources out there that have these two features, post them in this thread and I will pass them along

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
i was thinking too that it looked a bit plain and checked pictures of it for escape pods, could not find any

//edit: and now i see this: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...cer-bottom.jpg

but they were not on the 1701-C

edit//

a torp launcher should be there, that is a detail that just wasn't needed for the TV episode (the ship was never firing), but they said they had torpedo launchers! And in STO of course we need weapon hard points, i think even CBS told you so. (just no more "pimples" plz)

Last edited by zerobang; 01-12-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 116
01-12-2013, 05:47 AM
The ugliest of all Enterprise ships...

...but a welcome addition. Finally the family is complete. If only we could get the Probert version as well.
Career Officer
# 117
01-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Hurray! :::throws confetti:::
I must admit, looking at her more and more over the past couple of months. . . she's grown on me.]
I love the detail on the skin. It looks amazing, can't wait to fly her. Also can't wait to here the voice over work that Denice Crosby is doing.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Empire Veteran
# 118
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Jamzz-Jamzz didn't make it, according to Tacofang...

HERE
Thanks for the clarification. Props to Adam Gibson then. What a cool looking ship. Makes the Whaleaxy Class look like a barge (No offense to Enterprise-D lovers but, I prefer the ambassador class).
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
# 119
01-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Truly the Enterprise C (Ambassador class) is a ship of beauty. I am very excited by this screenshot. Great work to all those involved in bringing it to life in Star Trek Online. I look forward to its launch.
Survivor of Romulus
# 120
01-12-2013, 03:16 PM
The ambo is one of my favourite boats fed side, but there is something that I find bizarre. There are a number of amazing models of ships made for other star trek games such as bridge commander which I'm sure could have been used.

People on BC-Central spend a lot of time researching so that they might build accurate ship models. More than a few people of that forum are players of STO and I'm sure many of them wouldn't mind seeing their models in this game. To be quite honest, many of the cryptic designed barges are rather...ugly to say the least.

I'm really looking forward to flying this ambassador, one way or another!
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}

Last edited by captainoblivous; 01-12-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Closed Thread