Republic Veteran
# 61
01-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stostargatewars View Post
the second pic is the Yamaguchi.

in this pic I have marked the launchers
And the first picture is the Ent-C with no Torpedo launcher, that is just a smudge or a dark blue stripe.
Captain
# 62
01-11-2013, 03:46 PM
So how does it launch torpedoes?
Career Officer
# 63
01-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
This is an updated version of the model, and still no Torpedo launchers sooo, don't know what people are talking about.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...cer-bottom.jpg

She was called ambassador class, maybe they just added very limited weapons so it can be a ship of diplomacy, and wanted a beam boat.
The Federation was on the brink of a lot of wars. Peace was disintegrating with the Klingons and the build-up to the Cardassian War was underway. Generally, exploration ships are longer and sleeker whereas this echoed the Connie's beefier design.

I maintain the term "Ambassador" might have been a cue that this was being sent places where war was expected. When you get a visit from the Ambassador class, you know Starfleet is sending a ship with the clout to break off negotiations, the ship you send to a place where negotiations are failing and war is imminent on a last ditch plea for peace.

Which is why I'd make it a Destroyer. Maybe sans cannons but a ship with teeth.
Lieutenant
# 64
01-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Out of my way! I've never hugged a starship before and I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Career Officer
# 65
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
Its probably still a Work in Progress
I'd hope so, but I don't think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The art team did extensive research on the base model of the Enterprise-C, including looking at official IP sources. The images they saw did not have escape pods on the underside of the saucer (and *I* don't think there is a torpedo launcher, either, as Azurian pointed out).
The official material for the Ambassador Class doesn't show any escape pods. I'd at least hope there are different skin choices to choose from, that way those that want escape pods can have them, and those that don't can do without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If there are any canon resources out there that have these two features, post them in this thread and I will pass them along

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Respectfully, half the cannon designs you've got in game already have material markings and parts that have been added to them that don't appear on the original / official sources. You've obviously had to make exceptions with them, thus why not the Ambassador? Your Ambassador has to be able to fire torpedoes from somewhere, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
So how does it launch torpedoes?
Through the Deflector Dish? The designers at Utopia Shipyards took a leaf out of the Cardassian Galor design.
Career Officer
# 66
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingmutt View Post
Out of my way! I've never hugged a starship before and I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Don't bend the Nacelle Pylons !!!

(I hated those things the first time I tried to build the ENTERPRISE model when I was 10.)
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...

Last edited by daveyny; 01-11-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 67
01-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Desktop Background...

Nuff said.

(can't wait! ... squeeee!!)
Indeed, any chance of some High res wallpapers of varying Ambassador poses?

Oh and on the torp/escape pod issue, as already said, they should be added regardless of the low quality models....

How does she fire torps out front? Where do the crew escape from?

Also, what are you suddenly sticking to canon when 99% of ships in the game have some difference to on screen version of the ships
Captain
# 68
01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the ambassador source material are nothing but are low quality models.

they lack finer details, like torp launchers and escape pod hatches on the underside

trying to say that is reason enough for a nice, high quality in game model not to have basic features makes absolutely no sense. especially when in the past in game ship models based on very low quality models have had artist interpretation detail such as that added
Agreed with this 100%.

And what would be the justification for NOT having visible torpedo launcher(s) ? Are we to assume that the Ambassador Class in STO, will be the first ship that can't fit a Torpedo Launcher on it? Unless you intend on launching torpedoes from "invisible firing ports".

Can't we all just agree, that the Enterprise-C (and all subsequent Ambassador appearances), HAVE torpedo launchers, just that the detail wasn't high enough to "show" them? We have drawings from the ship designer that clearly indicate where the launcher(s) should've been, 1 of which directly above the main deflector.
Career Officer
# 69
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Indeed, any chance of some High res wallpapers of varying Ambassador poses?

Oh and on the torp/escape pod issue, as already said, they should be added regardless of the low quality models....

How does she fire torps out front? Where do the crew escape from?

Also, what are you suddenly sticking to canon when 99% of ships in the game have some difference to on screen version of the ships

Well...

Now yer just being picky.

<snicker>
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
Republic Veteran
# 70
01-11-2013, 04:17 PM
You guys complain when Cryptic makes a Ship, and changes certain detail of said ship from the original Version in the show, now here is Cryptic making the ship look almost exactly like the Original, and now you want them to add to it because the original creators were in a rush...you guys just love to give Cryptic a hard time that's just it.
Closed Thread