Career Officer
# 1 Power drain for lulz
01-10-2013, 09:21 PM
I haven't respected my kdf toon yet and I went into a match vs someone with a power-drain build on a varnus with leach and asimulators... they had 9 in insulators I have 0 in everything I still took them to 0 power! is this intended? If so we all should have power drain and trics to win sto!
Career Officer
# 2
01-11-2013, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgrandalthor View Post
I haven't respected my kdf toon yet and I went into a match vs someone with a power-drain build on a varnus with leach and asimulators... they had 9 in insulators I have 0 in everything I still took them to 0 power! is this intended? If so we all should have power drain and trics to win sto!
You're not alone in that.

And I'm not entirely sure but I think this "drain" thingie has been around for loooooong time. Something about those insulators not working quite right. I'm sure it's on the "to do list".

Cheers! And remember, it isn't what OTHERS think of YOU, it's what YOU think of YOU!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-11-2013, 06:09 AM
I was going to make a post regarding this, but I'll just leave this here ...

Why they haven't addressed siphons is appalling. A pet that easily, w/o spec drains a target to near zero is stupid. There are counters but not everyone can or has the means to run the counters effectively. There is also no active counter!

Energy Siphon has 2 counters, science team and hazards. Why are these not available as active counters for siphons? Also why are 1 bay of siphons able to suck almost all if not all power?

I propose that hazards and science team clear the debuff with a active immunity. Additionally, bay of siphons can do # of pods / 17.5 (IE, roughly what ES1 is) since pets shouldn't have cmd/ltc level powers by themselves.

That said, maybe add some hull to them, that way they are still useful. However they require some level of timing in-order to maximize their effectiveness or just remove them PERIOD! It's been how long that these stupid f'ing things have been around and proposals and BS get thrown around but nothing changes.

Just some random thoughts I had.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-11-2013, 09:46 AM
I thought they fixed the leech? Meaning being even just skill to 6 in insulators makes the PL drain almost nonexistant.

Siphon drones, I can't say. Aren't they slated to be changed?

Where you designed to be a dedicated Drain build with supporting consoles, weapons and the like? Being specialized like so always gives high results at the cost of flexibility.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 5
01-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Max insulators does seem to help against some drains though.

I've been in Tyken procs, and have mostly laughed them off.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-11-2013, 10:13 AM
You know evul Klinguns...I've 9 in power insulators and it means nothing...I repeat nothing against your best power drains build!
And what really makes me angry is the fact the weapons power subsystem is the first to be drained!
You've an huge advantage in combat but it doesn't matter...we Feds will always fight you to the death!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Career Officer
# 7
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I didn't use the drones and they were able to use hazards but 2x Energy Siphon cool down is way faster so I just spammed it and over-came the weak defenses. The defense only lasts as long as the skill is on, hazards is what 5 sec sci team same so they have 10 sec of time to kill me before they are dead in space... seams like a fail cause rsp lasts 8 sec and tacteam lasts 5 for my only defense I needed lol and when i see the sci team yea subnuke just to put some salt in the wound. My conclusion is insulators suck as a defense vs this and they keep adding more ways to suck you dry.

Picard did it all wrong he should have been like a borg cube hahahah drain it data boom