Lt. Commander
# 1 Song of Omega Force take II
01-16-2013, 07:14 AM
My first one wasn't so popular, so I rewrote it. I think it's better.

What do I do now, said the Captain all deflated. The Honour Guard has fallen and have all been assimilated. Intelligence reports the Borg have converted the whole fleet. If they are unleashed they may force us to retreat.

The Honour Guard are lost! The Honour Guard are lost! The Honour Guard are lost!

Fear not, said the Admiral. We shall put them to the sword. Show the Federation's mercy to those he become Borg. The Honour Guard have fallen, so we will grant them swift release. Grant unto those tortured souls an everlasting peace.

The Honour Guard are lost! The Honour Guard are lost! The Honour Guard are lost!

Now it is the time when we must call upon our foes. Tell the Orions, Gorn and Klingons that we do share their woes. I know that Klingon warriors would all prefer to die. I shall be their commander and give the battle cry.

In a Borg Diamond ship high above Vorn Prime. Stood the Borg Queen, thinking herself sublime. Thinking and scanning, scheming and planning, and gathering those in her sway. Secure in the knowledge that she had won the day.

When message said Our Queen you must beware! The Quadrant has rallied! The Federation and the Klingons are here!

The Queen said clearly you are defective. I shall have you disassembled and removed from the Collective. They quarrel too much, they have no common objective.

I am invincible! I am the Borg! I am invincible and I WILL WIN! I will win!

The task force arrived with Plotkin in command. The Starfleet and the KDF had rallied to make their stand. As he looked out and saw the Honour Guard, he rose from his seat and said Boys time we began.

They started the battle at dawn! Taking the system by storm! Destroyers and cruisers and dreadnoughts and carriers, they broke through the Honour Guard. The Borg they were flying, screaming and dieing and the task force ships were strong, and the Borg Queen ran as she heard their victory song.

We are invincible! We are the fleet! We are invincible and WE WILL WIN! We will win!

What do I do now, said the Queen to the Collective. My force now lies in ruins and we have failed in our objective. The Federation and the Klingons are not as divided as we thought. They are stronger than any foe that we have fought.

Our Queen it now appears that we have truly blundered. The Federation and the Klingons will not see their Quadrant plundered. Our offensive has caused age old enemies to unite. They forces do now gather and they have just begun the fight.