ANTICS are what go on around here on many an occasion.
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
How about a total revamp for Omega and Romulan Marks?!
Instead of being cheap on rewarding marks or keeping the marks just to the Borg stfs/red alert actions and New Romulus daily missions how about adding the marks to all the Borg Collective and Romulan Mystery missions. As for being cheap with the marks, it is bogus that a player can turn in 10 resonating rocks or glowing plant samples just for 1 Romulan Mark.
If you search all over the map for rocks and glowing plants, when you get 10 and turn them in you should at least get 5 Romulan Marks, not 1. Most of my buddies I play with consider the reputation system a waist in time because you run around like an idiot for literally no rewards.
Another idea I have is how about having the particle hunts not only on Earth and Qo'nos, but how about having them also on Bajor, or Defera, Risa, Vulcan, Andoria, and New Romulus. With the hunts bring back the many instances and limit the amount of people in an instance to maybe 15-20 instead of nearly 50 like some have had.
More 25th Century looking ships with areas of the ship looking the time period like the Aquarius bridge for the Odyssey class. As much as I agree with them, I would like to see the proper bridges for the proper ships. Example for the Constitution Refit Class, Oberth, Miranda, and Excelsior should have the bridges they had from Star Trek: The Motion Picture to Star Trek Generations.
Last edited by hunterguyver4; 01-11-2013 at 06:34 PM.
I am going to appeal to the slowly rising number of Native American players; myself being one of them; I would like to see the following for outfits and weapons:
Traditional Native American clothes for an off duty outfit
A duo weapon pick up with the 25th cent equivalent of a tomahawk and warclub - imagine beating a Klingon up with both a tomahawk and warclub. One doing edge damage and the other doing blunt damage
Usable knife to use on enemies
Ship Bridges and lay out Ideas:
I think for those of us who love the movies from the Motion Picture to the beginning of Generations there should be a TMP pack in which you get the following bridges
- The Wrath of Khan bridges of the Reliant and Enterprise
- Search for Spock Grissom bridge
- Undiscovered Country bridges of Sulu's Excelsior and Enterprise-A (was highly upset that the Constitution Refit bridge DID NOT match that of the Enterprise Refit/Enterprise-A
- Lastly Generations bridge of the Enterprise-B
A buddy of mine also says there should be a classic-bridge pack that features the bridges of all the Enterprises from NX-01 to NCC-1701-E and the futuristic version of the Galaxy-X bridge from All Good Things.
Enough with the traditional TNG looking bridges for the 25th Century, sure they are nice, but there should be more bridges besides the Aquarius Bridge and Intrepid Bridges that look like they belong in the 25th century. Also having all the stations on the bridges filled would be nice in my own opinion.
Also the ship layouts like Engineering, Crew Deck, Ready Room, among other rooms on the ships should look more like the time frame. That and having more areas of the ship accessible, like the Armory, Shuttle bay, the Brig, Confrence Room (instead of having it accessible during the Deferi mission)
Bridge Officer Ideas:
Being able to dress your officers up in off duty outfits or formal clothes. I would also like to do more with my bridge officers instead of setting rally points, targets, and attacks. Maybe set them on a exploration mission or seek and kill mission while the away team is planet side.
How about newer temporal lockbox or Lobi Crystal rewards. Rewards such as
USS Kelvin, Vulcan Jellyfish and JJ Abrams Constitution Class (with matching bridges, weapons, and layouts) for the Federation
Narada for the other playable races or have it as a Tal'Shiar ship
I'm curious to see if there will be any significant UI improvements. Specifically...
1) The ability to customize the HUD in-game proper, not from the existing customization screen with all the green boxes, which I find to be kind of a hassle to work with. See EVE Online for a relevant example. Y'know, of the customization functionality, not the actual HUD itself, because ugh.
2) Being able to replicate commodities from within the DOFF window would be pretty sweet. As it is now, every time I'm on an assignment page from a department head, going to the replicator closes that assignment window, which is really annoying.
3) A recolour function. Even within certain guidelines, like only shades of blue for Fed and shades of red for KDF, would be nice to have. We could then shift the KDF's red hue to be a little easier on the eyes. A transparency slider would also be nice to have.
4) Regarding HUD styles, I'd love to have optional new HUD designs based on the ship you're in. Flying a Cardassian Galor? Here, have a Cardassian HUD skin. Even just within a faction, a TOS interface for its era of ships (and a blue and green, rounded button style for the TOS movie era,) coloured LCARS for the TNG era ships, and so forth. You could even sell them in C-Store packs if you really wanted to.