Lt. Commander
# 1 Why all these old ships?
01-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Seriously, why are we getting all these ships that are from the past? I can under stand T1-3, but T4+ should all be 25 century style. C'mon cryptic, common senseplease.
Career Officer
# 2
01-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Because, even though you apparently aren't interested in them, many other players are.

Cryptic would be foolish not to cash in on that fact...

And making them lower than T-4 would be counter-productive to that ends.

It's still a business, and making a Profit is the ultimate goal of any business.

Ignore is such an easy thing to do, give it a try.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-11-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Captain
# 3
01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
The reason for having all of Trek in STO is quite simple. Its for the fans of all Trek. That is why you see uniforms, ships, interiors and equipment from all past eras in addition to those of the the current era. STO is the only really major thing happening for the non-Abrahm Star Trek.
Captain
# 4
01-11-2013, 12:55 PM
pretty much what has been brought up already, people who dont care about the "future" direction of the game, rather nostalgiaf..reaks
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Captain
# 5
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Not to mention it's effectively standard Fed procedure to be refitting and reworking spaceworthy craft for decades, even centuries, after their launch. If it aint broke... (insert additional applicable cliches here).
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-11-2013, 01:13 PM
I came to play a Trek game, and my nerd side wants access to all the old ships from the show, now that it's pretty much done and all the famous Federation ships are in game, they can go on and add new ones.

Career Officer
# 7
01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Some people don't like the 2409 era ship designs. Some people prefer a "pure" Trek experience with canon uniforms and canon ships. Plus, many people have their pet favorite ship and they'd just really like to be able to use it. Why waste resources developing a whole new design from scratch when there are still existing designs people are clamoring to have?
Career Officer
# 8
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
pretty much what has been brought up already, people who dont care about the "future" direction of the game, rather nostalgiaf..reaks
Since this game has nothing really, to do with the JJ Trek currently being produced...

Aren't we ALL 'nostalgia freaks' in some way or another??
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Rihannsu
# 9
01-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I came to play a Trek game, and my nerd side wants access to all the old ships from the show, now that it's pretty much done and all the famous Federation ships are in game, they can go on and add new ones.
This. People will ask for more "canon" ships until they release playable versions of every ship ever seen on screen. Sure they'll keep making more new stuff(like Oddy), but people like to see old stuff.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 10
01-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Since this game has nothing really, to do with the JJ Trek currently being produced...

Aren't we ALL 'nostalgia freaks' in some way or another??
JJ trek is still the past, just a different timeline
(besides i didnt bring up jj's trek >.>)

Im referring to the FUTURE, :p After TNG after nemisis after the explosion of romulus, new ships etc :p
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn