Captain
# 1 Winter Event 3.0
01-14-2013, 09:28 PM
The winter event was a blast, and worthwhile enough I haven't actually been to New Romulus yet because of it. But now that it is behind us, I would like to add my suggestions for Winter Event 3.0.

1. Skiing!

It shouldn't be that hard, just give us a slipperier version of the Frosted Boots buff, change the animation a bit, and let us slide down a mountain! (and let us climb it too) You could have speed races (like the Fast and the Flurrious), a moguls/obstacle course (for the single player race), and ski jump (for shenanigans).

2. An ice skating race!

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised this wasn't in already. This wouldn't require anything new.

3. PvP snowball fights!

I know this was promised this year, but it never happened. Definitely make it happen next year Cryptic!

4. Five man snowman sieges!

Make a PvE mission that gives you five minutes to build a snow castle like the "fortify buildings" part of "Mine Trap", then defend it from ever increasing waves of the evil snowman hoard!

5. Winter hats, Earmuffs, and Gloves.

We have coats, give them company. Speaking of which:

6: This thing:

http://www.st-spike.org/images/unifo...niforms_33.gif

EDIT: Hotlink doesn't work, so go here, click "Uniforms" and scroll down to "Arctic Gear".
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.

Last edited by centersolace; 01-14-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
01-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Haha, enthusiasm! Though not sure they can add that outfit, since it's from the 2009 movie.

And surely they will expand the winter event even more next year. But think we would need to settle on one thing, and that has to be something with a ski jump or having luge added, where we slide down that big mountain!
Captain
# 3
01-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
The winter event was a blast, and worthwhile enough I haven't actually been to New Romulus yet because of it. But now that it is behind us, I would like to add my suggestions for Winter Event 3.0.

1. Skiing!

It shouldn't be that hard, just give us a slipperier version of the Frosted Boots buff, change the animation a bit, and let us slide down a mountain! (and let us climb it too) You could have speed races (like the Fast and the Flurrious), a moguls/obstacle course (for the single player race), and ski jump (for shenanigans).

2. An ice skating race!

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised this wasn't in already. This wouldn't require anything new.

3. PvP snowball fights!

I know this was promised this year, but it never happened. Definitely make it happen next year Cryptic!

4. Five man snowman sieges!

Make a PvE mission that gives you five minutes to build a snow castle like the "fortify buildings" part of "Mine Trap", then defend it from ever increasing waves of the evil snowman hoard!

5. Winter hats, Earmuffs, and Gloves.

We have coats, give them company. Speaking of which:

6: This thing:

http://www.st-spike.org/images/unifo...niforms_33.gif
All good suggestions. You're link doesn't work, but from looking manually I'm assuming you mean the Artic Gear uniform that they wore on Voyager. That wouldn't be bad. If they are going to make more coats though for fed I want a modern version of the TWOK expedition jacket.
Ensign
# 4
01-14-2013, 09:46 PM
I would love to see hockey added.
Captain
# 5
01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
#6 is displaying an Access Denied image.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvossk View Post
I would love to see hockey added.
with the hockey puck being tribbles? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 7
01-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
#6 is displaying an Access Denied image.
Edited the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
with the hockey puck being tribbles? XD
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2013, 11:23 PM
yeah thats the suit from timeless, and it would be pretty cool to have it in sto
Fleet: Stargate-Union
Pizza: Pepperoni
Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu

Last edited by blevok; 01-14-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 9
01-14-2013, 11:34 PM
The gimme prize apparently was well received, I see lots of Breen ships in game. I liked the fact I was able to harvest a ton of marks for the RomRep system.

What I do NOT like is the fact that I spent lobi on a gun I can only use once a year. I would like to see some kind of "conversion kit" that turns it into a grenade-lobber or something to that effect the rest of the year. I would gladly pay lobi, zen, GPL or even Borg chips for such a thing.

Other than, if the game is still active I'll attend next year!
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 10
01-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
I would like to see some kind of "conversion kit" that turns it into a grenade-lobber or something to that effect the rest of the year. I would gladly pay lobi, zen, GPL or even Borg chips for such a thing.
I agree, there should be a non WW function for the guns. If the rumors are true of a Summer Event, I could see the guns becoming basically water blasters and perhaps the Q summon could be water demons or maybe.